10: ALLERGY x WINE

Start from the beginning

"How are you feeling?" She reached the bed in few strides and touched his hot forehead then hastily remove her hand at the burn. "That's intense. Have you taken the medicine?"

"I did but it's been so long that I feel like I'm dying." He shivered, draw the duvet to his neck and closed his eyes after letting out a gargantuan sigh.

He heard her walking around the room to and fro then she settled on the bed where his head is and brought it to her laps. A cool rag nestled itself on his forehead earning a larger sigh from him and a smile. He snuggled deeper into her warmth while she became attentive on cooling the rag and pressing it back on his forehead, down to his naked neck. Both of them were quiet for awhile before she broke the silence. He saw that coming, she hates quietness.

"I liked that you stood up for yourself today. No, I actually loved it but you should always go easy on a girl no matter what. I brought you better than that!" She nudged his head with her forefinger before wringing the frost rag in the bowl beside her.

Zayd moaned, really wanting everything to end. He is a soldier and has endured far more greater pains than this but when it comes to being weak, it hits different. Those pains were caused by some heroic act or when he was trying to prove himself fit for Nigeria Defense Academy. But this, this is nothing but nuisance caused by an incubus.

"I had to do something and when it comes to that Hoser, there is no rational thoughts. How could she?" He groaned thinking about many ways to throttle the life out of her eyes and watch her fall limb but that didn't leave any satisfaction within him.

She is meant to suffer then. If she isn't going to die from being strangled, there are many other ways to get her genuflecting.

"I know how much you both get under the other's skin but always be careful when it comes to women. We are meant to be respected and loved with utmost care. I don't want no lack of rationality next time, huh?" She stopped midway removing the rag and waited until he nodded his head.

Few more minutes of silence passed between the mother and son duo before he asked with utter genuineness that is both amusing and aggravating. "But is she really a woman? She's got the body parts but apart from that, she does nothing like a woman."

Fatima hit her head with her palms. What had they done to her son in that military school? "She is a woman and that is something I don't need to keep saying. When the time comes, you'll know." She muttered the last sentence beneath her breath so he won't hear but he caught the last bits.

"Know what?" He enquired, brows coming together is question.

"I wasn't referring to you. Now how are you feeling?"

Layla sat there with a cool smile on her face that no one would notice she is fucking inflamed and enraged. Her eyes are cold, hard and flinty while her nostrils flared up, her face is now flushed pink due to her fair complexion. Her visible veins twitches and pulses irately, causing her entire body to harden. Her muscles quivered, heart pounded so hard beneath her chest that is scared her. She made no movement knowing the entire bodies in the room have their attention on her.

She started calming down slowly and licked her lips, catching on a drop of wine that was poured on her between them. She saw a movement from beside her then Fatima's hastened footsteps rushing upstairs to her son. Layla continued to sit there with the shocked faces of people around her. No one could utter a word or even move in the wrong direction in fear of what will happen.

Benazir was the only one to stand up from her sit, held out her hand for Layla who stared at it for a minute before accepting. Than to sit there with those bunch of fools that can't even react to something as small as this, she'd rather the company of the kid. No one said a word till they left the dining room without their figure in sight.