Chapter 17: My Game Is Not Over, It's Just Getting Started

Start from the beginning

At first sight, Rebecca is an adult, very beautiful woman at the age of about forty, who always takes care of her. She has slightly lackluster but kind blue eyes and brown, healthy, shoulder-length hair. The woman looks very short when standing next to her tall son and his girlfriend, who also has by far not a very short height.

"I liked you even more than the previous girls Terrence introduced me to," Rebecca confesses with a slight smile, sitting on the sofa next to Raquelle and holding her hands.

"Really?" Raquelle smiles shyly.

"Yes. You are not like his previous girlfriends."

"You didn't like them?"

"I could say so. But Terrence has always had a good taste in choosing girls. He's never had a vulgar gal. But I would hardly take it if someday he went to my home and said he wanted to marry one of them."

"That's how..."

"But I've never openly shown my disgust for one or another girl. I thought my son was an adult and better knew what he needed. I did not want to make him do what I considered right. And I will never do this, no matter what I think of one or another thing."

"Alright..."

"So, I am asking you to meet my expectations and make my sonny the happiest man in the world. Terrence deserved it. He deserved to be only with the best girl."

"I promise you, I will do my best for Terrence to be happy with me," Raquelle promises confidently with a slight smile.

"My son will answer you back if you take care of him and do not stop showing your love."

"I will do."

"Remember, even if he is a man, he needs love and care anyway. Any man needs it. If he does not get it, you can lose him and force him to meet another girl, who would take care of him much better than you."

"No, mother, I do not need another girl," Terrence says confidently, sitting next to Raquelle and hugging her around the shoulders. "I need only Raquelle. The one that makes me feel happy every day."

"You made an excellent choice, my darling. I really liked Raquelle. She is such a king, sweet and decent girl... The one I want to see next to you."

"It's nice to know you're approving my choice. Your opinion has always meant very much to me since you're one of my closest people."

"If that girl makes you happy and becomes a wonderful wife for you, I will be absolutely calm."

"She will do this, Mother, don't doubt it. I wouldn't have suggested she become my girlfriend if I hadn't been sure she was the one I felt good with."

"I know, my dear," Rebecca smiles shyly. "And I am sure that you will feel very good with this sweet and beautiful girl."

"I will do my best to make it happen."

"Besides, you know your mother would never advise you something bad and does know well what would be better for you."

"That's why I always trust your intuition before I make a decision."

"That's a mother's heart."

Terrence says nothing and smiles shyly, and Rebecca carefully fixes her hair with a slight smile on her face.

"I'm sure you, as a mother, would not let your son do something that wouldn't make him happy," Raquelle says with a slight smile.

"Right, I would not do it," Rebecca agrees. "Besides, my intuition has never betrayed me. My heart tells me my son made the right choice, which he would not have to be disappointed in."