𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊

Start from the beginning

Her empty stomach lurched into the wrong direction as her brain failed to comprehend whatever she was reading.

It was definitely nothing complicated or a tongue she couldn't understand. But she didn't have the heart and courage to read any further details, suddenly feeling all empty, and slightly dizzy from not having her morning meal yet.

"Elvi." She heard Ysa's voice from somewhere, her head still stuck in the letter: was her mother trying to run away with some lover?

Should she talk about it to Ysa? But, Ysa lives in the servant quarters and this news will end up becoming the newest headlines for the Daily paper.

No. Never.

How could her mother be so careless to leave such an evidence out in the open for gossipmongers to find it so easily?

How incredulously stupid!

"Elvira." Ysa's voice immediately made her crumple the letter in her hand and hide it down of the flower pot.

Hurriedly she turned back with a forced smile towards Ysa, "Isn't the flower looking so lively?"

"But it's dying. I was about to change the water in the pot."

Elvira cursed under her breath, even the flowers weren't supporting her presence of mind.

"I will do that. You go and get me Balvin's cleanest clothes." She ordered her, remembering at the right moment that she had the game day today.

Yes, the game! That's it.

"No Elvi. Lady Lilith will get me fired this time if you are caught!"

In the absence of her mother Ysabella was allowed to call her by name; they were the same age, four and twenty, so it makes them more of a friends who could share the girly things every girl deserves to.

Not having any siblings and no social relationships, for Elvira she was a very close friend.

"Have some belief in me Ysa. I won't get caught. Now hurry up, will you!"

For some reasons Ysa couldn't believe one word out of that sentence but still complied to the order and went into the servant quarters to get a fresh pair of clothes from one of their footman, they had two; Balvin the belly man and Gab the silent ghost, not entertaining at all.

"I really feel otherwise!"

~

"Why does your shirt look like an inflated balloon El?"

Graffin was dressed for the game in one of his best metal blades, although she doesn't consider those as requirements for someone who only had to defend a ball from not entering their team's hoop.

"Because it's not mine. And balloons are already inflated!"

"Yes, they date back to the Aztecs who used cat intestines as balloons to offer their gods."

"And what made you think this was an incredible fact you had to mention to a someone who just gobbled in a bottle of salt water?"

"Cause I didn't know you drank water. And your voice seems weird."

She hit him on his biceps, which he was always proud of; one, for working hard to keep them maintained and especially two, for the way they flexed when he painted.

"You were the one who told me not to get caught."

She elucidated the matter in her normal voice, in contrary to the one she was previously practicing which had a heavy influence of her palpated voice she had invoked, trying to mix it with her nostril's vocals.