She turned her phone off once again. And looked out the window of the airplane, and she thought to herself if her life was ever going to get easy.

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

The family had landed safely at LAX. Kris and Corey went to their home in their own car. Delilah had offered to ride along to Chris's with her, but Charlotte declined and told Delilah to take the rest of the day off. Delilah was hesitant at first, but soon realized to was an order, not a suggestion.

So, Charlotte was in the Black SUV all alone, except for her driver in the front. Charlotte didn't do much of anything in the backseat, she just stared out the window and let her thoughts wonder. It was a long ride from the airport to Chris's home. The driver offered Charlotte the AUX cord, but she declined and said that she wanted it to be quiet. Her driver looked at her suspiciously, she never liked it quiet, but he didn't question her as he kept driving.

The silence was broken by the sound of Charlotte's phone ringing. She cringed and hoped that it wasn't Aubrey calling her, she wouldn't know if she wanted to answer it or not.

But, the same dread feeling happened when she seen who was calling her.

Chubbs

She hesitated for a few seconds, wondered if it was Aubrey calling from his best friends phone so she would answer. But, she took the bet and hit the answer call button.

"Hello?" She said quietly.

"Char' it's Chubbs," He told her. "I know, that's what your caller id says," She responded back dryly.

"Still a smartass," Chubbs lightly chuckled. A small smile appeared on Charlotte's face. "Listen, I know you probably think I'm calling you because Aubrey asked, or cause he's sittin' next to me listenin'. But, that ain't the case. I'm calling you as a friend, and I think you honestly making a mistake by not letting him explain what happened."

"What am I going to let him explain Chubbs, that he cheated? I know that already, the rest of it is unnecessary damage," She told him.

"Look, it's not my story to tell, and I'm not saying it for him. Just call him, because there really is some shit you don't know. And don't get me wrong, he fucked up, he knows he fucked up, he's known that since he did it."

"I've been through enough in life, and the one person who said he would never do me wrong, did. He did. I just don't think I can do it no more."

"I've seen y'all for two years be madly in love with each other, like movie type shit. I'm not sayin' this as his 'bro' or security, team member. Nothing. I'm sayin' this as his brother and your friend, he has not loved a female like he's loved you before," Chubbs told her, "And you can say that I'm cappin' just trying to make him look good, blah blah. But I'm being deadass. You two are almost the same person, two in one. Don't throw that out without knowing everything."

"I'll think about it," Charlotte told him after a couple of seconds of thinking. "I love you like a sister, Aubrey got the whole crew attached to your ass. We would kill and fight for you, 'cause you one of us. And I just want you to know, that that's the same even if things don't end well. The crew will still love you, and so will Aubrey," Chubbs said which made Charlotte almost cry again.