Chapter 12: Angry with everyone

Christmas and New Year's Eve passed way too quickly. It was a normal night for both events. For Max was pretty boring, as every year. She couldn't wait to leave that suffocating environment and go back to school to meet her friends. Well, one of them was still distant from her, which made Max even more stressed and hurt.

As the winter break was over, all the students were back in their schools, starting a new year. Victoria was the happiest person to see Max again, hugging her tightly in the middle of the hallway.
  "Cariño, I missed you so much!"
  "Me too!" - the redhead girl gave in into the hug.
  "How was your break?"
  "Meh, good. You?"
  "Great, we had a lot of fun. Drinking, smoking, getting high, doing shit in the middle of the night. It was fun!"
  "I'm happy for you."
The two girls were interrupted by Eric who decided to get in there with fast steps, wrapping his arms around Max.
  "Hey, cutie!" - he greeted his girlfriend with a wide smile.
  "Oh, hey! Didn't see you coming." - Max nervously said.
  "I couldn't wait to see you, I missed you a lot. Even if we've chatted this whole time, but it's not enough."
  "Wow, nice to see you, lover boy." - Vic slowly smiled to Eric.
  "Nice to se you, too."
  "I'm gonna head at my room, now. I'll see you later." - Max cut it short to Eric and separated, walking away with her bag on her shoulder.
Vic greeted Eric again and left with Max, following her up to their dorm.

Max crashed herself on the bed, tired from the long ride.
  "Since when are you so so close to Eric? You said you were not that ready..." - the latina girl suspiciously confessed.
  "Yeah, I am now. We're together."
  "So... you don't have, like, not even a little bit of interest on Jane anymore?"
  "When did I say I had interest on her?"
  "It was obvious!" - Vic slightly laughed. - "You haven't contacted her yet?"
  "No and I won't. She wants to ignore me, I'm gonna do the same. We're even."
  "This is confusing." - Vic whispered to herself.
  "What's confusing?" - Max's anger started to grow.
  "This whole thing between you and Eric happened so fast, and you were so confused yourself. Now I am the confused one, I don't know for you."
  "There is nothing to be confused at. I like Eric, he likes me, Jane doesn't like being friends with me and that's totally fine!" - the redhead girl said out of anger.
  "Okay, okay."
Max rolled her eyes hard and turned on the other side, not in the mood to talk with her roommate.

  It was afternoon. Eric was impatient to see his girlfriend, but Max seemed to be busy as she wasn't responding to him. The redhead wasn't in the mood at all, but decided to text him back and say that she was going to see him in a few minutes.

Max arrived at the cafeteria and felt her stomach twist when she noticed a brunette at the end of the cafeteria, working on something, too focused on it. The redhead had this urge to go and talk with her distant friend, but on her mind appeared her words she said to Vic, that she was going to ignore her back. So Max made her way to Eric who quickly stood up to greet his girlfriend, once again, with a big warm hug. Max pulled back from it fast and sat next to him.
  "You okay?"
  "Yes, just tired."
  "You seem off." - Eric worriedly said.
  "I'm okay! Stop being like this, please."
  "Sorry for pushing you." - the boy placed his hand on Max's back, which the girl felt uncomfortable and Eric could tell he noticed it. So he removed his hand fast.
  "Um, I was going to ask you if wanted to go somewhere and catch a drink...?"
  "I'm literally not it the mood right now, sorry."
  "I understand. Have you talked with that friend of yours, yet?"
  "No, I don't care. I'm not gonna talk to her anymore if she likes to ignore me like this." - Max tried to speak normally but her anger was at high level at the moment.

  After staying for hours in the cafeteria and not noticing she was all alone, Jane decided to take a break and go out to the yard to take a smoke. Her hands were tired of working for the competition's painting. She hoped it would be a good job to fix things between her and Max, as friends. Even if not something more, Jane knew letting Max go was not worth it. Max was a great friend, a good listener and always there when it was needed. Actually, she wished Max was here to listen to her or just have her presence while smoking in the cold empty yard of the school, in this depressing weather. But anyway, she was waiting for the right moment to apologize for not being a good friend.