Chapter 10: Tiramisu flavor on her lips

The arguing between the two friends had disturbed Max a lot. She didn't like her friend's attitude, it was offensive and bothering. The redhead hadn't slept all night, only thinking about that situation. Eric stayed up with her, chatting on the phone the whole night until they both felt tired and decided to sleep a few hours.

When the morning reached, Max was the first to wake up and get ready. It was Sunday, meaning most of the students were sleeping for hours, the other part wanting to enjoy the morning, or go to work.

The redhead girl was waiting at the cafeteria for Eric, who arrived in a few minutes.
"How are you today?" - the blonde boy asked after kissing the girl's head.
"I don't know... You?"
"I'll be good when I see you feeling good. Your friend seems to have something to ignore you. 'Cause I don't understand at all."
Max hadn't told Eric what really really happened between her and Jane, but only expressed how lonely she felt since Jane had some time being distant for her.
"Yeah, I don't understand, too." - Max nodded in agreement.
The boy softly rubbed her back.
  "Wanna go somewhere? Changing the ambient helps with your mood."
  "Yes, I'd like to."
Eric gently grabbed Max's hand and led the way out of school.

The rain had finally stopped, but the weather was still cloudy and cold. Eric picked a dessert shop to go with the girl next to him. They stayed on the desserts' aisles for a few minutes, looking through different types of sweets, trying to choose one from all of those good looking desserts.
  "What do you prefer?"
  "Tiramisu." - Max pointed at it through the thin glass.
  "Take a sit, I'll take the order." - Eric smiled and let the redhead girl go and find a place on the crowded shop.
Max sat near the window, where she could perfectly see the buildings of New York City, cars riding like having a race and people hanging around. Eric came back after taking the order and sat in the opposite of his date.
It didn't take long when the order arrived. The two lovers started eating their desserts, sharing those to change the taste, having a cute and soft smile on their faces.
  "Tiramisu makes you happy, huh?"
  "A lot! Tiramisu is my life."
Eric laughed along with Max. He was happy Max was now smiling, after seeing her moody and depressed for days.
  "What are you gonna do for Christmas?" - the blond boy asked as he took a bite of his crispy chocolate.
  "Going in Hawkins at my family. Which is boring. What about you?"
  "Same, I'm gonna go at my family, and same as you I think it's boring. We do the same things every Christmas. Have a dinner and talk for basic things."
  "Unlike you, I don't really talk at home, 'cause it's boring as hell!"
  "Me too! But I hope we can text each other during this time to feel less bored." - Eric nervously shrugged.
  "Of course, I'm happy I have you."
The blond boy took again Max's hand on his and caressed it softly.

A few hours, talking and laughing inside the warm dessert shop, Max decided it was time to go back at school. Eric walked his date until at the redhead's cabin while holding her hand. Before going up to the dorm, Eric decided to take another step.
  "Um," - he nervously started saying. - "May I kiss you?"
Max didn't respond. She only nodded with a small smile and blushed cheeks. Eric slowly bend over a little and softly kissed the redhead's lips, tasting the tiramisu's flavor on it. Max gave the kiss in the same way, soft and slowly while her hands ended on Eric's hot cheeks, burning because of the great feeling he was experiencing.