"Li! Are you okay?" Katara runs up to my side.

"It just takes a lot of energy out of me, you know?" I lean my head on her shoulder.

-

Sokka and Katara left a while ago, leaving me alone on the top of the wall. An oncoming fireball approaches the wall but my body feels too tired to lightning bend. A large spike comes up from the water and captures the fireball. I turn around and give Pakku a thumbs up. I plant myself bracing for the next fireball. It approaches at top speed but I push back capturing the fire and with all my strength I push the fireball back towards the Fire Nation navy.

Aang flies over on Appa and I hop into the saddle. I almost immediately lose consciousness.

"Aang!" I hear Katara's voice ring in my ears as we land. I lift my head out of the saddle, "I can't do it... I can't do it." Aang lifts his hands to his head.

"What happened?" Katara questions.

"I must have taken out a dozen Fire Navy ships, but there's just too many of them. I can't fight them all." He looks at Katara and Yue. I slide off of Appa next to him.

"But you have to. You're the Avatar," Yue says.

"I'm just one kid," Aang folds his head in his arms. I put one hand on his shoulder as Katara comforts him on his other side. I look down, "Aang's right. We can't stop them. Not with their forces as strong as they are."

-

The sun has long since gone down. I stand next to Katara, Aang, and Princess Yue on the palace balcony, "The legends say the moon was the first waterbender," Yue starts, "Our ancestors saw how it pushed and pulled the tides and learned how to do it themselves."

"I've always noticed my waterbending is stronger at night." Katara comments.

"Just like how firebenders are stronger in the day," I add.

"Our strength comes from the spirit of the moon. Our life comes from the spirit of the ocean." Yue continues, "They work together to keep balance."

Aang's eyes light up, "The spirits! Maybe I can find them and get their help!" Aang startles Momo with his sudden excitement.

"How can you do that?" Yue asks.

"The Avatar is the bridge between our world and the Spirit World! Aang can talk to them!" Katara walks to Aang's side.

"Maybe they'll give you the wisdom to win this battle!" Yue declares.

"Or maybe they'll unleash a crazy amazing spirit attack on the Fire Nation!" Aang makes large gestures that make me chuckle. He looks at the three of us before composing himself, "Or wisdom. That's good, too."

"The only problem is, last time you got to the Spirit World by accident. How are you going to get there this time?" Katara asks.

"I have an idea. Follow me." Yue walks off. I look at Aang and Katara before following her. She leads us out through the back of the palace to a small wooden door.

Aang walks up to the door, "So, is this the way to the Spirit World?" Princess Yue laughs at his comment, "No. You'll have to get there on your own." Yue leans over and opens the door, "But I can take you to the most spiritual place in the entire North Pole."

Aang steps through the small door followed by Katara and I. Once through the door I see a small little green island with two bridges leading to it, like an oasis.

Aang quickly runs over to the oasis, "I never thought I'd miss grass this much!" He exclaims, rubbing the ground. I follow close behind with Katara, "It's so warm here! How is that possible?" She comments.

"It's the centre of all spiritual energy in our land." She answers, removing her coat while Katara and I remove our own.

"You're right, Yue. I can feel... Something. It's so tranquil." Aang sits in a meditative position under the arch.

"Why is he sitting like that?" Yue asks Katara.

"He's meditating, trying to cross over into the Spirit World." I can see Aang scrunch up his face, "It takes all his concentration."

"Is there any way we can help?" Yue asks.

"How about some quiet? Come on guys, I can hear every word you're saying!" Aang snaps.

Aang stares into the pond until from behind we can see his tattoos begin to glow, "Is he okay?" Yue asks worriedly.

"He's crossing into the Spirit World. He'll be fine as long as we don't move his body. That's his way back to the physical world." Katara answers.

"Maybe we should get some help," Yue suggests.

"No, he's my friend. I'm perfectly capable of protecting him." Katara says with a smile.

"Well, aren't you a big girl now." A familiar sarcastic voice comments. I turn to the bridge where Zuko slowly approaches, "You look terrible." I say looking at the cuts and bruises all over his face.

"Thanks." He replies with a sarcastic smile.

"No," Katara says just above a whisper.

"Yes. Hand him over and I won't have to hurt you." I roll my eyes. All his threats are the same.

Yue runs away while I back off slowly. I don't want to get involved in this fight. Katara gets into a defensive stance as Zuko kicks a few fire blasts at her which she blocks with a few splashes of water. She takes one large blob of water and throws it at Zuko, sending him flying back a few feet.

"I see you've learned a new trick, but I didn't come this far to lose to you." He says as he stands back up. He sends another blast at her but she blocks it and pushes him back. She pushes Zuko into the moat, forming a ball of water around him. She moves her arms quickly, freezing the ball.

"You little peasant. You've found a master, haven't you?" Zuko taunts from inside the frozen ball. It starts to glow and burst. I try to shelter myself from the oncoming ice shards. A couple of them sliced my face and arms.

Zuko runs towards Katara trying to hit her with more blasts but she dodges and blocks all of his attempts. Zuko ducks around her and tries to grab hold of Aang's shirt but Katara pushes him into the water on the other side of the oasis and pins him on the rock face with ice.

The sun starts to rise and I can feel my own energy getting stronger. I whip my head around to see Zuko melting his way out of his ice chamber and onto the oasis. I get out of his way as he blasts a giant ball of fire at Katara. She tries to block it but it's too strong, sending Katara into the column behind her. Zuko grabs Aang by the collar, "You rise with the moon... I rise with the sun." Zuko turns to leave without even giving me a second glance. I look at Katara's unconscious figure one last time before running after Zuko. I pick my coat up off the ground and sling it back on over my arms.

"What are you doing?" He grumbles as I fall into step next to him.

"I can't just let you run off with the Avatar, now can I?," I smile at the grumpy prince.

"I regret coming with you," I say as we trudge through a blizzard with no sign of shelter.