12 - Confrontation

Start from the beginning

Katara tightly crosses her arms taking in a deep breath before releasing her arms, "I'm sorry too, Li Mei." Katara leans into my shoulder as I wrap my arms around her. We pull apart after a long hug, "So, are we okay now?" I look down at the younger girl.

"Yes. We are more than okay now, and again I'm sorry I didn't trust you. But, this doesn't mean I trust or like Zuko."

This makes me chuckle, "That's completely okay. In his current state, I don't think I would really like him either if this was my first time meeting him." We hug one last time before heading off to go to sleep.

-

The next morning all three other teens run off to do their own thing and I'm left alone in our home, "It's not like I can go anywhere." I mumble to Momo holding him in front of me, "I would probably melt something by accident and they'd turn me into a popsicle for my crimes." Momo shakes his head at me, "You're right Momo! If I just wear gloves then I can't firebend without burning them off and I don't want to burn my gloves because it's very cold out there." Momo gives me a confused look as I put him down on the floor. I pull on my new water tribe coat that I bought and put my gloves on my hands. I run out the door and into the cold air of the Northern Water Tribe. I walk along the small icy pathways on the side of the water channels.

"Oof!" A voice says as I walk into something, "Oh sorry I wasn't -" I drift off as I look at the dark brown eyes staring me down, she smiles, "It's no problem." She waves her hand, "Hey, you're the girl from the Southern Water Tribe, right?"

I scratch the back of my neck, "Yeah, that's me."

"What are you in such a rush for, that you couldn't even watch where you were going?"

"I don't know, just exploring I guess. All my friends are busy." I smile sheepishly.

"Why don't I give you a tour around?" She slaps her hand on my back pushing me forward with her.

"You really don't have to, I'm sure you have other things to do,"

"I really don't," She corrects, "I'm Sakari by the way." She reaches her hand over to which I shake, "It's nice to meet you, Sakari, I'm L-" I stop myself, my actual name doesn't sound like a Southern Water Tribe name at all. I quickly look at my surroundings but the only thing around us is water, "Wo... Wotah." I finally let out, mentally slapping myself for coming up with such a stupid name.

"So, you're travelling with the Avatar, is it fun?" She nudges me with her elbow.

"I guess," I smile down at the snowy path we walk on, "I travelled with someone else before, and I had more fun there,"

"So why'd you leave?" She asks.

"At the time it seemed like the right thing to do, but now I kinda regret leaving him."

"Him? Was he your boyfriend or something?" I chuckle at her question, "No, he's an old friend of mine that I just met again recently." I reply.

"And this guy is more fun to travel with than the Avatar? Must be some guy." Nyla says.

"Yeah, he is,"

-

Sokka stomps into the hut, where Aang, Katara, and I already sit, "How's warrior training going?" Katara asks, in response, Sokka kicks his bag and falls onto it, "That bad?" Aang questions.

"No, it's Princess Yue. I don't get it, one minute she wants to go out with me, and the next, she's telling me to get lost... So, how's waterbending training?" He changes the subject.

"Master Poophead won't teach her because she's a girl." I laugh at Aang's nickname for Pakku like a four-year-old.

"Why don't you just teach her, Aang?" Sokka suggests.