Chapter 13: A Bitter Winter II

"No way in hell he's stayin Snowflake! You don't know whatever he was given could make him snap in a moment's notice!" Bruce was just worried for the group and mostly her. It was something he couldn't get wrapped around his head. A tower that walks, talks, breathes, etc. just like them and killed other towers for them. "You just don't understand! If he was to have snapped it would've been much long ago Nyx and I would have been dead already too!" Winter was clearly upset with Bruce cause he couldn't see what was placed right in front of him. Nyxen and Thalia just watched the two bicker at each other as it had been going on for quite a while.

"Five candy bars and a cup of pudding on Winter possibly slapping Bruce." Nyxen had leaned over and whispered into Thalia's ear. She tries hiding a smirk so Bruce or Winter wouldn't see it. "Know what, you're on. I'll even throw in some Oreos." Nyxen and Thalia bump their fists as Nyxen chuckles. It was always him seeing a way to make a joke or get everyone to smile. Meanwhile, Zack was sitting down and leaning against the outside of the arcade building. He could hear every word being said in the arguement. He just decided to let them figure it out on their own as he watches for any zombies or towers.

"Man, if I knew it was going to be this bad I would've just stayed at the warehouse." Zack just looks around, the bitter, cold, wind blowing against his skin. He was unbothered by the wind as it didn't do much to his body temperature. Immune to the cold that this winter was bringing.

"Okay, as much as I want to win a bet I can't go on with this. Zack has been alive a lot longer than us. Probably when Bruce was a kid back in the dinosuar ages. He looks around my age so that must mean he ages very very slowly." Nyxen was tired of the bickering now as neither one of them was getting any closer to agreeing with anything on whether to let Zack stay or not. "That gargantuas guy out there, has been killing zombies and towers for years and years. Holding back what started our own personal fucking hell until four years ago. So get your shit together and let this man help us through this Bruce!"

Bruce groans and mumbles under his breath as he walks off into another room. Winter was just sitting in a booth in the corner of the room. She had her arms overlapping each other and her forehead resting down on them. Thalia comes up and lays a gentle hand on Nyxen's shoulder, "I will go and talk with her. Go check on Zack outside and see how he's holdig up with the cold weather outside." Nyxen nods, walking towards the front door, grabs his jacket, puts it on, and heads on outside. Feeling the bitter cold wind hit his face like a deadly punch. "Uh, hey man. How're you holding up?" Nyxen looks up at this giant of a man. freight and amazement written all over Nyxen's face. Zack looks down at him with a calm expression. "The cold doesn't bother me ever since I got this way. The heat in the summer times is a bitch though. You think you have b.o., you'd want me miles behind you or in front of you." They both chuckle as Nyxen sits down on the sidewalk with Zack.

"Sorry for the trouble in there. I hear better than you guys do, and heard all that. I've met people like Bruce and know he's just doing what he thinks is the safest for you guys. I'm not exactly normal among others. I also understand you and Winter's view of it as well and thank you." Nyxen just nods to his statements. "Well, definitely can't jackoff anymore if we all agree to let you stay with us." Zack laughs out loud, his voice booming enough that the others inside could hear it clearly.

After a few hours, Bruce comes out and apologizes to Winter and the others. "Sorry ya'll. Just a bit weird seein a man like him 'n not be concerned about our safety ya know?" Thalia smiles as Nyxen and Winter were handling the supplies they had gotten from the warehouse. Thalia decides to head up on the roof and decides to do some recon even with Zack leaning against their home. "Got tired of being inside there miss military?" Zack was looking out at the setting sun as he had heard her walking around on the roof. "Yeah, needed to let Bruce and his little Snowflake talk it out about the whole arguement." He chuckles a little as Thalia gets herself seated on the edge of the roof. "It definitely is a lot to take in with the fact that this was going on all over the country but reached us four years ago. Can't imagine the pain you've gone through or who you've lost over the years."