20: Tensions

Mulai dari awal

"Don't do that to people," I snapped. "You scared the hell out of me." 

"I didn't know that Annabeth Chase would scare so easily," Percy teased. "I guess I'll have to jot that down somewhere."

"Shut up, Seaweed Brain. Out of the both of us, you're the scaredy-cat."

"I AM NOT."

"YES, YOU ARE," I shouted back. We burst out laughing before turning the corner to the middle sector of the camp. We're walking to the cafeteria for dinner. 

However, some arguments broke our lively interaction. Percy and I frowned while looking down the hallway we were in. Jason and Piper were arguing little ways over. They were standing next to some ancient paintings. The disagreement looked heated. I felt bad for them both. 

Reyna seemed stronger than the both of them combined. I like Reyna a lot. Percy told me that we shared many parallel qualities, and I have to agree with him. Anyway, Reyna accepted Jason's decision to move on. The drama isn't because of Reyna. 

It's because of Jason and Piper. They simply can't seem to get on the same page. 

"Wise Girl, should we get in there?" Percy asked softly. 

"I'd rather not," I answered. 

"Yeah, me neither." 

We decided to quietly walk around the heated couple. Once we cleared them, Percy started talking again. "While Reyna moved on from Jason, I think the guilt is still nibbling at Jason's conscious. That's why he isn't being his normal self with Piper. That's where the disagreements are coming from."

"He talks to you about these things?" I commented. 

"Yeah. Believe it or not, Wise Girl, we're very close friends," Percy stated. I smiled while looking at Percy's face. Of course, he was already looking at me. 

"Well, I'm getting sick of this drama," I affirmed. 

Percy and I finally made it to the cafeteria. Many campers were already enjoying dinner. We got our trays from the rack before walking to Grover and Juniper. Juniper was feeding Stella some rice and gravy, and she was happily eating it too. 

"Thanks for taking care of Stella," Percy greeted. 

"Of course, we love her," the couple said simultaneously. Grover was holding Juniper's hand. The ring was sparkling against Juniper's pale fingers. Percy made a great choice with that ring because it matched Grover and Juniper perfectly. 

"So, any updates on the perimeter?" Grover whispered. 

Percy and I leaned in so that no one else can hear us. Grover and JUnipe are Percy's closest friends here, and Percy tells them most things. As such, they knew about what was happening. Of course, most of the camp knows of what's happening. However, Grover and Juniper know more than most. Also, Percy is a blabbermouth sometimes. 

Seriously. Percy never shuts up sometimes.  

"We're going to work on fortifying the perimeter this week. I wouldn't worry too much. We've been living here for months without any danger. It'll be fine," I stated. 

I was reassuring myself more than anyone else. 

I looked at Percy once again. He was smiling brightly while feeding Stella, who was chuckling while eating. Usually, I'm a rational person. However, Percy's influence on me is anything but rational. Our relationship is not rational. 

At this point, I can't ignore my emotions and feelings anymore. The truth is that I don't anything to happen to this camp and these people.

This is me hoping for the best.