"Fine, brat," he groaned, starting to get up from the bed. "Just this once."

You playfully kicked him as he got out of bed, laughing loudly when turned around and grabbed your ankle. He yanked you towards him and leaned over you, his hands on either side of your head, pressing into the soft mattress.

"Hi," you giggled.

Levi's lips twitched. "Hi," he whispered. With a small smile, he leaned in and playfully bit your cheek, and you wrapped your legs around his back to keep him close. You didn't want to let go of him just yet.

He must've felt the exact same way, because he planted his knees on the floor, still leaning over you, completely relaxing into your body. His head moved to rest on your chest, and you ran your fingers through his soft hair.

This was what you loved: laying in bed, with Levi, without a single care in the world.

Only a week left before you had to go back.

Levi sighed and pulled away from you slightly, hovering over you again. "So..." he whispered. "Pancakes?"

You smiled up at him. "Mhm."

Giving your nose one last peck, Levi stood up, his fingertips gliding across your leg as he walked away. You shivered at the touch, rolling your eyes at his smirking face as he walked out the bedroom and into the kitchen.

You spread yourself out on the bed, stretching out your limbs and letting out a loud exhale. Everything was so perfect. Just you and Levi, in your beautiful home.

¤¤¤¤

As evening rolled around, you and Levi had retreated outside to lay in the grass and watch as the sun started to set.

At first, Levi was extremely picky about laying on the floor, grumbling, "I'm not laying on the fucking floor". But as soon as you opened your arms out to him, inviting him to lay down with you, his face softened, and he was nestling into you not even five seconds later.

His head on your chest, your fingers in his hair...

There really was no place you'd rather be.

You closed your eyes and exhaled. The grass was also soft beneath you, and you felt so safe in Levi's embrace, and you wanted to fall asleep right then and there. There was nothing to think about, nothing to worry about. Just you and him.

Eventually, he spoke up. "Look," he whispered, his thumb brushing over your hip to get your attention.

You opened your eyes, smiling at what you saw. The sun was setting over the trees, casting a warm glow over the forest. The sky was a shade of blues, oranges, pinks and purples, and there were a few birds in the distance, flying by the sunset without a care in the world.

Levi snuggled into you a little more, and you squeezed him as you smiled softly at the view. The stars would be out soon.

The both of you continued to watch as the sun set over the horizon. Once it was out of sight, Levi waited for a few minutes before hoisting himself to his feet. When he turned around, you raised an eyebrow at him, but he just grabbed your hand and pulled you up.

He didn't let to of you hand as you started walking. You could tell he didn't have a particular destination in mind, so you guessed that he wanted to find a way to pass the time while you waited for the stars to come out.