"I have no idea what you mean," Zack said. "Is that a trick, a bet?" he asked, looking around.

Lucan didn't know what to answer.

"Lucan, I'm serious. If you think we shouldn't bond so soon after I've been marked, that's fine, but I still want to touch you."

Lucan froze. What did he just say?" Zack, repeat what you just said."

Zack tilted his head and contorted his face. "I said it's okay to wait a little longer with the bonding ritual, even though unexpectedly I feel really fit."

It slowly dawned on Lucan. "Zack, what is the last thing you remember?"

Zack laughed. "Was it so intense for you that you forgot about it? We embraced each other for the first time, Yalo. You gave me two markings."

He forgot everything. Then the words of the foreign voice came to mind.

"All right, then I take his horrible future and for that he loses a part of his past," the voice warned him.

The unknown voice has taken away his memories. But how far? What has he forgotten?

"Nyiam, what have we done in the last few weeks?" Lucan asked. He needed to know what Zack had lost.

Zack's face took on a serious expression. "Why do you ask me that? And why are you sitting here with such a serious expression?" Zack got the feeling that something was wrong. Lucan's expression was serious and not as joyful as he had hoped. Does he regret it? With his right hand, he rubbed his aching chest and looked at the ceiling.

"Zack," said his mate, and he felt his fingers touch his chin and gently pull it upwards. Then Lucan's lips met his and he willingly opened himself to the loving kiss. He was hesitant at first, then he opened himself up more. He pulled Lucan to himself and his warm skin rubbed over his own. It felt great and he wanted more.

With his fingers he moved at Lucan's side in the direction of his crotch. However, before he reached his goal, he was stopped by Lucan's hand.

His demon broke away from him and whispered lovingly in his ear, "If you go on, I will devour you."

"Then do it," Zack breathed, and his body got ready.

"Soon, but we have to talk before, Zack."

"About what?" he asked impatiently, nibbling on Lucan's chin.

Lucan reluctantly withdrew. "Zack, you were unconscious for a month," he said with a serious expression. Zack laughed.

"What are you talking about? I admit, it was very intense, but that's no reason to fall into a coma for a month."

Lucan looked at him with a serious face. What's going on here?

"Zack, you have to tell me what you remember. That's important." Now his sweetheart also seemed to understand that it was serious.

"We met at Aleks and Belial a few weeks ago. There I was hired by Astaroth to go with you in search of the key. The first clue was Angel Falls. There we received the sapphire and the second clue. My family helped us with the decryption and we went to Chichén Itzá. There we found the third reference to the volcano Kilauea. Yesterday we received the third stone and the fourth clue. We left the volcano and you know. That's the last thing that happened before I fell asleep."

Lucan exhaled relieved. Then he just seemed to have forgotten everything after their union.

"Lucan, what's going on?"

"Zack, we have deciphered the fourth clue. You found the key. It came to a fight with Telos, which we were able to decide for ourselves. You wanted to sacrifice your soul in exchange for my life, but luckily I was able to prevent this. Then you slept for a month," Lucan said. That was the short version.