Chapter 43

Zack and Aleksander slept for almost a month and their mates didn't leave their side. Richelle checked on the two daily. As she stood next to Aleks, she made a thoughtful face.

"What is, Madame Richelle?" asked Belial.

"Of course, I don't know if I'm right, but I think Aleksander's pregnancy will probably not correspond to the nine months that humans have, but rather that of the angels. This is fifteen months. After a certain amount of time, growth slows down to give the child more time to get used to the magic."

Belial nodded to let her know that he understood. Then they had another year before their child would be born. He lovingly moved Aleks' hair from his cheek.

"Tsuka, wake up," he whispered, as he had done so many days before. With a sigh, Aleks nestled in the palm of his hand.

Belial's heartbeat accelerated. Aleks spun, then his eyes began to flutter.

Richelle watched everything from a distance.

"Tsuka, look at me," Belial whispered lovingly. As soon as the words had left his mouth, he looked into crystal blue eyes. The rosy lips of his beloved turned into a smile.

"Good morning, Bel." All tension fell away from him.

Richelle left the room to give the two of them their privacy. She would come back later. Another patient was waiting for her. When she entered his room, she was greeted by ice-blue eyes. His guard doesn't take a break for even an hour. Carefully she approached the bed and the panther's eyes followed her.

"Take on your zero form, I want to talk to you," Richelle said, putting her hands on her hips.

We can do that without me changing.

She squinted her eyes. "Well, then I'll go again."

Wait.

She paused. Lucan shed the animal form. His shiny black hair with white strands fell over his bare chest and ended at his hip. His different colored eyes focused like an animal focusing on its prey.

He is truly an animal, wild and untamed. It's a pity that his hand is already taken. Well, she wasn't here for that. "Aleksander woke up."

Relief spread in Lucan. Then hopefully it wouldn't be long before his heart awakens. Hopefully. Whoever the voice had been, it had promised him a happy future with Zack.

"Go wash yourself," Richelle ordered. "I'm going to take care of him for a bit."

Lucan nodded and went to the adjacent washroom. He got rid of his clothes quickly and dropped them to the ground. The hot water did his tense muscles good. He washed his body and long hair with graceful movements. He then dried it with another cloth. New clothes lay next to him on the chair, which he quickly put on. When he finally came out of the bathroom, the most beautiful smile in the world greeted him.

"Hello, you hottie."

His heart stopped beating and a wild growl escaped from his throat. Richelle abruptly fled.

Zack looked at his loved one and smiled. "Well, what are you waiting for? Don't I get a hug?" he asked with a laugh in his voice.

Lucan walked up to him and sat down next to him, then he hesitated. He was afraid that Zack's body would reject him again. Zack looked at him confused.

"Is everything all right?" he asked.

"I don't want to hurt you," Lucan whispered, looking longingly at his loved one's body.

Zack's smile disappeared. "What are you talking about?" He was seriously confused.

"We don't know if your body still rejects touch," Lucan replied. Once again, a questioning look struck him.