Strange Picnic (Luca x Hunter's Daughter Reader)

Start from the beginning

I nodded slowly and covered my face from her. "I'm ugly aren't I...?" I mumbled...about to cry...getting ready to lose a new friend.

"WOW!! You can shapeshift!!! That's flipping awesome Luca!! You are 10 times cuter as a human!! You know what...scratch that! Your too dang cute!!"

Huh..?

She smiled brightly and she pulled my hands away from my face, taking a closer look at my fleshy red face...

"Like I said before, your very beautiful."

Well your more beautiful than I am...

Soon, we sat by the shore and pulled out our foods and wow...her food looks quite weird...compared to mine.

"Uhh...what's that you got there?" I asked her and she pulls out a bowl of oddly shaped stringed thingies.

"Oh, this is *Insert favorite pasta dish*, it's my favorite." She told me and it does smell very nice.

"How about yours, seems interesting." She looked down at my food which my mom made.

"Oh! These are plant based wraps. You see, my species of sea folks, we eat a lot of greens in our diet. Unlike the other species that eat other fish and crabs." I explained some facts about my kind and this fascinated her.

"Woah! So like a vegetarian sea monster?"

I nodded slowly and picked up the wrap, handed it to her. "You wanna try?"

(Y/n's PoV)

It does look a little funny to me, but to be fair, I'll let him try my *favorite pasta dish* while I try his.

"Alright!" I picked it up and pass my bowl to Luca, where he just grabbed it with his hands.

I guess sea monsters don't really use utensils

I took a small bite from the wrapped plant...

All that I taste was ocean...like fresh ocean water. I know it's not good for us humans...but the plants also taste like seaweed.

It's a funky taste...

"Mmm!! This is amazing!!" I watched Luca enjoying my dish, which I couldn't be upset over him finishing it. Plus I got other stuff in my basket, I'm glad he likes some human food.

I took another bite and I begin to enjoy it.

"Your food is not as bad." I told him and he flushed red, handing me back the bowl.

While we look over at the ocean, the waves washing away from our feet, spotted a few dolphins hopping out from the water. It was indeed peaceful and relaxing.

I looked over at Luca, getting a better look at his adorable face, even though we just met yesterday by accident.

If only we could do this everyday instead of hiding this from my father...if only he wasn't a sea monster serial killer...

I really like him! He shows me the good and soft side of these creatures.

After our wonderful lunch, which is still early.

We went to build some sand castle for a few Hermit Crabs. Added some shells and leaves to make a bed inside.

Looks like the mini crabs loved it.

Luca giggled and saw that there was no more shells, so he dove back to the water to get more shells.

Once he comes back, in his sea form, my goodness he is too cute!!

I rush up to give him a big hug.

"Woah! Careful Y/n, don't wanna poke your stomach with these shells..."

I giggled and went to kiss his cheek, where his face flush a deep green.

"I'm sorry Luca...your just so cute, I couldn't resist." I looked into his eyes while cupping his scaley cheeks.

"W-well...I think your really cute too!" He told me with a shy smile.

Which indeed made my heart stopped...

I let go and covered my flushing red face away from him.

(Luca's POV)

Awww! Not only I made a new friend, but I made my new friend blush!

I walked over to pull her hands away from her face. "It's true! I couldn't resist your cuteness as well. Your the only land monster that I ever laid my eyes on."

Did I just....oh no...

Wait...

Why is she smiling...?

"Aww..I feel the same way."

We both gaze into each other's eyes, almost like we were leaning forward...

I wouldn't think friends would do this...

I think it's more than that...

Right before the unthinkable.

Something came out of no where, trying to aim at my chest...

It looked like a...a HARPOON!?

"GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER YOU MONSTER!"

My eyes widen and the big man grabbed Y/n, pulling her away from me.

"Papa no!! He's my friend!" She told him and he glared down at me...

I don't know what to do...I feel scared and have no defense...

I looked down at Y/n, seeing her worried face...

"I'm sorry..." is all I said and jumped back into the water...

(Y/n's POV)

"L-Luca..." I begin to tear up...losing the only friend I have made for a long time...

I don't wanna lose him...nor forget about him...

————————————————————

I'm sorry this seems like a sad ending...but don't worry there's gonna be a part 3.

Pretty weird but this is something new!

Part 3 is coming soon but for the next next one shot.

Thank you for your patience lil beans , your awesome! 💕