The Stars are a Bunch of Pussies

[Art by: psiithirisma on Tumblr]

Very little context but it pretty much has the same plot as every other SBI space au so.......

DO NOT DO ANYTHING TOMMY DOES! LAB SAFETY IS VERY SERIOUS AND SHOULD BE HANDLED AS SUCH!

You can tell I'm the type of person to make you put your safety goggles on during a lab.
------------

Since day one aboard the ship Tommy had made it very clear that his favorite place to be was whatever area Tubbo was occupying. Wherever the brunette, insect, boy would go there was always his tall, slouchy, human companion following not far behind. At first Tubbo had been frightened of the human's clinginess, he thought that perhaps Tommy was hunting him. After a few weeks without any instance of Tommy being hostile the crew deemed that he was simply bonding with Tubbo.

Of course for Tommy it wasn't that simple, and he never really knew why he was so drawn to Tubbo. Maybe it was because Tubbo reminded Tommy of his old life on Earth, or maybe it was because the spaceship was basically a maze and without Tubbo he would lose his way. Whatever the reason was, Tommy was always in the same room as Tubbo. Tubbo's lab was no exception to this rule.

Recently half the crew embarked on a mission in a nearby planet's market, Tommy was forced to stay aboard the spaceship because he was technically illegal. The market itself was also highly dangerous, wanted criminals and scammers roamed the surface of the world down below. But whilst Philza was looking for an unstable Crystalline reactor Tubbo was able to sneak off, in doing so he struck metaphorical gold.

The boy stumbled across a potion shop where the seller had crates filled with unlabeled chemicals. There was a pink haired woman that told Tubbo it was a way to get rid of the extra ingredients she had laying around. She said that if Tubbo was able to figure out what every ingredient was he could come back and have 10 free potions.

Not five seconds later did Tubbo slam, what Tommy thinks is a space credit card, down onto the table and purchase the biggest box he could see. The owner's marketing scheme was very clearly working.

Luckily the crew had made it back all safe and sound and were quite amused to see Tommy in the control room watching the body cam footage while messing around with some sort of alien stress toy.

Now that they were all aboard their vessel and a safe enough distance away from the planet Phil was able to start installing the Crystalline Reactor. Meanwhile Tubbo was finally given the go-ahead to begin experimenting with the chemicals. When Phil said yes the brunette got an evil little glint in his eye that made Tommy scoot away from him a little. Everyone always seems to underestimate Tubbo just because he looks innocent, no one seemed to realize the devastation the boy could cause except for Tommy.

He had tried telling his fellow crewmates that they should bring Tubbo along on dangerous missions because he clearly had the capability to kill, Technoblade just laughed it off and said he was just repeating whatever Tubbo told him to. One day Tommy was going to prove to them that Tubbo is very much capable of mass destruction, he just had to figure out how.

Unfortunately Wilbur was Tubbo's greatest supporter in the insect boy's pursuit of scientific knowledge, which now made him Tommy's new enemy. But because of his support Wilbur was currently accompanying Tubbo and Tommy in the lab. Tubbo's eyes were glinting unnaturally under the fluorescent lights as he stared into the box full of brightly colored chemicals.

Now normally Tommy would have dismissed himself to go bug Phil whenever the two brunettes started talking all science-y, but the captain was currently occupied with installing the reactor. His second option was Techno but he was training and Tommy preferred to keep his head. Because of these inconveniences Tommy decided that this time he would stick around and watch.