9. War, The Last Crack

Start from the beginning

What he saw, was a man in full golden, light battle armor. He stood at 20 feet tall and wielded a shining silver sword with a golden hilt. This was Hyperion.

Perseus readied himself instantly. He dropped the Assault Rifle and twisted the ring on his left hand, making his twin Stygian blades materialize in his hands. He looked at both of the goddesses beside him.

"Hyperion is here." He told the primordial women. "Hold off the monsters. That Titan needs to go. Now."

The fucked up thing about this was that unlike his comrade, Perses, Hyperion moved bristly. This would not be an easy fight for Perseus. Hyperion was among the greatest Titan fighters, but the Demi-primordial would stop at nothing to defeat his opponent.

Without taking a second more to think, Perseus ran straight towards the Titan of the East.

««•••»»

Monsters of the opposing forces tried to cease Perseus's advance, against their initial thoughts. This would prove to be their mistake as the General brought his blades down and across in a diagonal arch, slicing a monster in half. He saw his old enemy, the Minotaur, approaching him, but for Perseus, this was no the time for games. He launched himself forward, his feet raising above the ground as he brought his right knee up, hitting the beast precisely in the nose. The Minotaur stumbled and fell onto its back. Perseus wasted no time and plunged a blade into its heart, not bothering to stick around to see it burst into dust.

He stabbed a telkhine through the skull and rolled to the left, avoiding the strike of a Hyperborean giant. He shot fire at the ice giant and instantly melted it into ice cubes.

He was everywhere he needed to be at all the right times. He fought like the demon he was, killing anything within his reach. He plunged his swords into the ground, and around him, the earth shook violently. He called on his blessings and out of the already shaking floor green flames erupted.

Flames engulfed the bodies of enemies everywhere. His red eyes glowed with adrenaline. He took off into a full sprint, heading straight for the Titan. Just when he was a few meters away, he leapt, using the shadows of the pit to push him upwards.

Hyperion could not see him as Perseus's blades ripped through the flesh of his neck, puncturing the trachea. The light Titan bellowed in agony. Hyperion searched for the point in which he felt the pain sourcing and grabbed Perseus, slamming him viciously into the ground, creating a large crater.

Perseus shouted in pain— something that he hadn't done in so long that the feeling felt foreign and strange. It was excruciating and Perseus thought that he had definitely broken some ribs.

Hyperion brought his sword down, and Perseus just barely had enough time to roll to the left, avoiding being impaled.

Hyperion struck with the flat of his blade, simultaneously bringing his foot down to crush Perseus, but with the quickness the Titan moved with, Perseus knew that he would only be able to stop one of the two attacks.

He batted the silver sword away with a powerful blow, sending it meters from its wielder, but by the time he'd made the move, Hyperion was already upon him. Perseus couldn't dodge or evade, or he would risk being squashed in the process.

He was down to his last option.

As the foot stood a few inches away from Perseus's head, the General raised his arms up, pushing against the force that was Hyperion's foot.