Chapter 2

Some time after arriving at her apartment and taking a well deserved bath, her phone vibrated and a notification on a message received from a contact named Jiang Yuanfei flashed across the screen.

It says, "Come by my house today. My mother-in-law baked those cookies you love and I'll unwillingly share it with you if there's still some left by the time you arrive."

Cheeky girl. Jiang Yuanfei is Chen Jing's bestfriend. They met when they were in high school and directly hit it off.

At that time, Chen Jing was running across the hall to catch up for a class in the afternoon. She accidentally overslept during the noon. Although, this has not been the first time.

By the time, she reached the stairs, she bumped into Jiang Yuanfei, whom at that time was in the same plight as her, and the both of them fell - or rolled by the stairs and was sent to the school's infirmary by some young male students from a classroom near the staircase.

The both of them haven't passed out or got into a bloody accident, but the both of them acquired some scratches across their body specially in their elbows,and knees.

Luckily for the both of them, the staircase had not been long and they were both excused from their classes for the entire afternoon, to give them time to recuperate.

Unlike other schools, their high school is specially strict about the time students can get in and out of the campus. They wouldn't change the rule unless there are some national emergencies or their are some troubles in-campus.

Their parents have been contacted by the school and were told to not worry because both students are not in any critical condition.

Although the parents were worried about their daughters even though they only had some scratches, they couldn't do anything about it and could only wait until the scheduled exit time.

While waiting for their parents, both girls were told to stay on bed and were left alone after their scratches were cleaned by the nurse and applied with plaster.

Jiang Yuanfei was a chatterbox and couldn't stand the silence permeating in the room and so she decided to talk to the person closest to her.

"What's your name?", she asked in a sweet voice with a trace of curiosity.

Chen Jing was not expecting the other girl to talk to her but was grateful for the awkward silence to finally cease to exist in the room, making her more relaxed.

She replied with light enthusiasm and equal curiosity, "Chen Jing, you?"

Delighted that the other party had not ignored her, she replied, "Hi there pretty schoolmate, my name is Jiang Yuanfei. It must have been fate that brought the both of us in this situation. I don't feel any bad vibes from you and you look really pretty. Can we be friends?"

Asked with such a question, Chen Jing had been undoubtedly shocked. However, she was more amused at the criteria the other girl used to decide whether to make friends with her or not.

She replied with a laugh, "Okay."

Ever since that moment, they have been inseparable and went to a lot of ups and downs in their friendship, but through the years, their bond had grown tighter every time.

Now, they were basically sisters from different mothers and fathers.

She replied the message with, "Be there in 15 minutes."

She drove through the city center and then through the subdivision area, before finally arriving at the original host's friend's house.

Actually, while she had been driving, she was wondering whether Jiang Yuanfei would discover something different about her.

But thinking about it, they have been contacting each other within the two weeks that she has been in this world, but she hadn't commented on anything unusual.

It was quite a good thing that Chen Jing originally was the type of person who could have a different character around different people.

She was unrestrained, jolly, witty, and supportive around her inner circle of friends, but she could also be serious when taking on a role with great responsibilities and in situations wherein it is best to be serious.

This place was not just any kind of subdivision, this was one where many of the city's prominent families have gathered. In fact, calling it a subdivision is quite unsuitable when associated with its splendor.

Stepping out of the car, she was greeted by the family's butler and a maid.

"Please follow me." said the maid.

Soon they arrived in the backyard, where Jiang Yuanfei was by the porch swing, in a white cute dress, with a book conveniently placed on her raised thighs, and a cup of tea at hand. Beside the swing, a plate of enticing cookies was placed by the small wooden table.

Noticing her arrival, Jiang Yuanfei placed the cup of tea on the table along with the book she was holding, wore some indoor slippers, stood up and dashed to her side.

She hugged Chen Jing tight and smiled from ear to ear.

"I missed you." She said whining like a kid.

"It's only been a month, silly." Chen Jing replied according to the memory of the original host, while returning her hug.

"Still. Don't you know how bored I am here? Why don't you visit me more often? By the way, are you alright now? Have you gone for check up? Why did you suddenly faint?-" she asked one question after another.

Before she could continue asking however, Chen Jing covered her mouth with her hand and said, "Calm down, one at a time. There's only one me, okay? Why don't we take a seat? There will be a lot to talk about and catch up on."