Chapter 1

It's been two weeks since Chen Jing arrived in this world. Yes, she transmigrated in a novel which she had been into recently. Apparently, she's now the female lead's precious daughter.

At first, she was undoubtedly shocked. Good thing she had quite a flexible mind. Otherwise, she would have gone crazy from being unable to accept her new reality.

She actually thought it was quite cool and thought she could finally be able to experience what those characters in the novels she read has experienced.

The excitement lasted until she realized that, the book she had read had ended with the scene of the female lead and the male lead getting married by the sea.

How exactly would she be able to navigate through the novel now? This timeline was not included in the one she had read. This character was not born yet at that time.

According to the memory of the original host, the protagonists, Mr. and Mrs. Chen had three children. Two boys, and one girl. The host being the youngest.

She was treasured by many and got married at twenty-three, to one of her mother's admirers, Xiu Ming. At that time, her husband was thirty years old.

He had been clear to the host from the very beginning that he didn't like her. The only reason he didn't pursue her mother was due to their large age gap. The female lead had been very kind to him when he was younger.

He said at the beginning, he would just admire her from afar, then later on, he realized his feelings were more than just admiration towards the female lead.

But the host was smitten by him after meeting him in one of the banquets that the Chen family attended and was adamant in getting into a relationship with him - she even said she doesn't mind.

In an attempt to convince him to marry her, she told Xiu Ming that if he married her, he would have more time to see her mother. He was actually speechless at that time and it would be a lie if he said he wasn't tempted.

It didn't help that Chen Jing looked a lot like her mother. Before he knew it, his mouth had already said yes, and she squealed and jumped into his arms - hugging him by the waist.

This was mainly the difference between her mother and her. Her mother has always been calm and distant, but she was the boisterous one - despite her name.

They've been married for a year and a half now.

Despite the host passing out suddenly, when her soul crossed over - the man hasn't visited her even once. He clearly didn't care about her.

What was the use of having such kind of a husband?

Chen Jing had thought over it during the past two weeks and decided to get divorced.

Firstly, she doesn't like the fact that she's suddenly married. She was single in her last life and planned to keep it that way for some time.

Secondly, she can't stand having a husband who doesn't care. It's not like she can't survive without him. She doesn't like him and this marriage has been like a cage for Xiu Ming too. It was better for the both of them to separate.

Thirdly, she thought that if she'd get married in this world, she'd at least find someone whom she love and loves her back. Who knows, maybe she'll find someone who'll suit her taste.

Besides, nothing really happened between Chen Jing and Xiu Ming in their a year and a half of marriage. It was never convenient for Xiu Ming - but clearly he was just using being busy with company matters as a pretext to avoid the host.

This is the reason why she's currently at his office - seated before him with a divorce agreement paper and a pen placed on top of the table.

"Why all of a sudden?" he asked.

To which Chen Ming replied with, "I don't love you anymore. My heart is tired of loving you and not receiving your love back. I thought I could at least move you and maybe you could love me later on, but it's been more than a year. You never put me in your eyes, I don't like this. I know you don't like me and I think I'm better off with someone who would love me the way I deserve to be loved."

This was a speech she prepared beforehand. Still, she felt her heart clenching. Most likely the original host's lingering feelings, she thought.

The original host had really loved this guy. Unfortunately, it's time to let go of him now.

She subconsciously gripped her chest and some tears were threatening to fall from her eyes.

Xiu Ming merely paused before signing it. He never even spared her even a glance. Nor did he care about how she was feeling at the moment.

Has this guy been waiting for this moment all this time? Was this why he'd been ignoring the original host? In hopes of her giving up on himself? She can't say that he was a jerk, but she couldn't say that he wasn't either.

She coldly stood up and by the time she reached the door, she said in a low voice, "Goodbye."

She didn't receive any reply as she closed the door behind her. "Asshole", she muttered under her breath.

She went to her room for a while and went out with only one luggage. She only brought what was very important to the original owner and didn't bother to pack up the things she had accumulated during her marriage. Soon, she left the mansion and went for an apartment owned by the original owner near the city.