1

I swim freely with my tail and hair flowing gracefully behind me. I do miss my fishy friends but they didn't want to come with me into this territory. I was looking for some human treasures , they usually throw what that call "trash" into the ocean but i find it quite fascinating

I spot a black thing held together by thin black strings. It was pretty deep in here and go to grab it, however i fail to notice the thick black string connecting to. Mermaids have great vision but there are some things we can't see.

I swim closer and suddenly the what i now know as a net wraps me up and starts bringing me to the surface. I try to claw my way out but to no avail.

I broke the water and gasps arose around me, i look down and see men gathered around me with wide eyes.

"We-we got one... We got one!" One shouts.

"Alert his majesty!" Two men run off and the rest stare at me.

Mermaids can survive out of water for a long time but it is very uncomfortable. I look to my left and see the two men sprinting back with a white haired male behind them.

The man in regal clothing and white hair looks at me, eyes widened in amazement. He looks at me so i decide he's the best to plead with.

"Please let me free! Ill give you anything but please free me!" I feel tears prick my eyes, i wasn't ready to die yet.

The white haired male starts to chuckle and run a hand through his hair.

"Take her to the tank." His short and simple words sealed my fate. The men dragged the net on the boat and i tried to thrash around but i was no match for their strong hands. A man picks me up and one holds the end of my tail.

I still squirm around in his arms and he grumbles under his breath. We walk into a large room under the ship and i see a large glass container filled with water. The men dump me in and slam the door behind them. Even with my mermaid vision i still couldn't see in the pitch dark.

The door bursts open and the male from earlier walks in.

"I can't believe those fools did it, they actually got me a mermaid." He taps on the glass making me flinch.

"Please let me go, ill give you whatever you want, please." I put my hands together and shake.

"What? Why would i let my golden goose go?" You are my ticket to immortality!" He opens his arms and has a crazed look in his yellow eyes.

"W-what? Golden goose?" I press my hands against the tank.

"Ah you wouldn't get it, just remember, i own you now." He smirks and walks out the door.

I briefly think about attempting to break the glass but if i did that i would just be out of water. I close my eyes and try to sleep, maybe this was just a nightmare. A very realistic nightmare.

I open my eyes and see that the tank is much larger. There are corals and seaweed littered around the place. I had a lot more room to swim but it was still a limited space. I swim around and look through the glass to see if i could see anyone and call out to them.

I spot a male with golden hair and a ponytail tail reading something, i tap on the glass hoping to get his attention and it worked. He turns around i am met with eyes blue as the deepest pits of the ocean.

"I see you are awake, that makes my job a lot easier." He pushes his glasses up and pulls a metal thing with steps on it to the tank.

"Why am i here?" I cross my arms and he sighs.