Shakhi TS Oui, Chef Pt I | A |

Shakhi TS Oui, Chef

Part One | A |

Anokhi Bhalla hurried inside one of the best rooftop Italian restaurants at Chandigarh, 'FIKA, un golosità' where she works as one of chefs. Their head chef quitted last week and the management has appointed a new head chef who's expected to come today and she got late, thanks to Chandigarh's traffic.

Cursing Chandigarh's traffic under her breath, Anokhi removed her back bag and jumped inside the elevator. Pressing 7th floor, she tapped her fingers at the rim of the handle as she waited to reach her floor.

Anokhi scrunched her eyebrows in confusion on seeing the whole waiter/waitress squad in the dining area arranging utensils properly and changing table clothes. The usually lazy squad who finds any reason to rest was working at full swing making her pause for a second before she made her way towards the kitchen.

Their restaurant opens only at evenings during week days and functions full day on weekends. As their restaurant is known for authentic Italian food, they always run busy. The restaurant looks amazing thanks to the ambience with pleasant dining area but inside the kitchen, it's a battle field.

As Anokhi stepped inside her battle field, her confusion grew more when her fellow chefs who used to chat around were all dressed in chef coat, working. They even had their chef hats on and was arranging their work station.

"Kanchan, yeh sab log ko kya hua? We still have time for opening right?" Anokhi asked walking towards her friend Kanchan.

"Anokhi!" Kanchan held her friend's hand, bringing her closer, "Tu aaj ithni late kyun aayi ho?!"

"Heyy mein kya karun. Cab milne mein waqt lag gayi yaar aur tujhe toh patha hai ki Chandigarh ki traffic kaisa hai" Anokhi pouted making Kanchan shook her head in disbelief and turned to wave her hand at one of her friends and then looked at Kanchan, "Ek baat batao. Aaj sab yese sincerely kaam kyun kar rahe hain? Even Yash bhaiya seems to be working sincerely than stealing glances at you"

"Mujhe kuch sunayi nahi de raha hai" Yashh yelled from background as he was busy sorting the ingredients in his work space making Anokhi laugh.

"Yaar has math! Phir toh voh new head chef aake chillayega aur humhara sar khaayega!" Kanchan shushed her friend, "Already us ne aate hi hum sab ke class le liya hai"

"Tu unhe ithni build up kyun de rahi hai? Haan, suna tha ki voh chef kaafi young hai. Dikhne mein kaisa tha?" Anokhi asked leaning over Kanchan's counter.

"Tu na bhaag yehan se. I'm damn pissed at him. Tu ja, jaake tayar ho ke jaldi aana. Kahi voh aana jaaye" Kanchan grumbled and ushered Anokhi away.

Anokhi pouted and shook her head at Kanchan before grabbing her bag. Humming a tune, she skipped towards the chef locker room instead of walking. Just as she opened the door and enter the room, she dashed herself against a guy, her front pressing against him as she left her bag down in shock.

Gasping, Anokhi held the guy's biceps for support as she steadied herself against him and looked up at his warm brown orbs that's staring down at her. She blinked as her eyes captured the stranger's handsome face adorning with a frown.

Feeling his muscular frame against her, Anokhi jerked and moved away as she tugged her hair strands behind her ear. She looked up at him awkwardly as her heart raced. He was tall comparing to her petite form and he was dressed in chef coat.

'Shaurya Sabharwal' Anokhi read in her mind as her eyes fell on his name printed on his chef coat. Her eyes widen in shock, 'Hayee matharani! Yahi hai voh naya head chef!'

"Sss...sorry" Anokhi stammered as she looked up at him.

"It's okay. Next time dekh ke jaayiyeh" Shaurya said in a warm base voice and Anokhi felt her heart flip a beat.

Shaurya left the chef locker room while Anokhi was still dazed; his warm base voice still ringing in her ears. Smiling to herself, she recalled how they were pressed against each other and a blush crept on her cheeks.

'Hayeee! Inn ke base voice pe fida ho jaani hai! Inki bare mein Kanchan yesa vesa kyun bol rahi thi par yeh toh sweet nikhle' Anokhi thought still smiling thinking about Shaurya.

Shaking her head, Anokhi went to her locker to get dressed for the day. When she came back, Kanchan was confused to see a dazed smile on Anokhi's face.

"Yaar tujhe kya hua? Yese has ke kyun kadi hai?" Kanchan asked raising an eyebrow at her friend.

"Kanchann" Anokhi whisper squealed as she jogged to her friend's work space and mumbled to Kanchan, "Voh head chef hai na"

"Haan, kitna chilatha hai! Kaise insaan hai yeh!" Kanchan grumbled.

"Aii kaise insaan matlab! He's my man" Anokhi whisper exclaimed near Kanchan's ears.

"Kya?? Voh khadoos?!" Kanchan was shocked.

"Voh tere liye bhai hai, Kanchan. Yese nahi bolte apni best friend ki crush ko" Anokhi said with a wide grin as she pinched Kanchan's cheek.

"Aah! Maa! Yaar tujhe kya hua hai? Aese bakwaas kyun kar rahi ho" Kanchan asked confused.

Anokhi smiled brightly and narrated whatever that happened.

"Once he left after saying that I feel butterflies in my stomach; a funny addictive feeling in the pit of my stomach" Anokhi giggled.

"Aayega na, kyun nahi aayega? Ek baar us insaan ko chilathe hue sunn phir dekthe hai ki kya feeling aayega!"

Anokhi rolled her eyes at Kanchan.

"Mujhe after a long time ek insaan pe crush aaya hai. Voh tumhe bardash nahi hota kya!" Anokhi twisted her lips, "Voh chod, aaj sauces ke liye in charge mein hoon na. Mein jaake voh ready karthi hoon. Baad mein unke baare mein bath karthe hain."

~ * ~

A new Shakhi TS. I hope you enjoyed reading. Is this plot interesting?

Thank you for reading,

Nan ~