Shakhi TS Heart Me, Foe Pt I

Author's note

Hey guys, hope you all are doing good. I know you all are waiting for Entwined but I have decided to put Entwined on hold. Entwined was originally written as a part of my Tamil side of stories on a couple called Ashaangi. It started as a TS but now I extended it as a separate book. Its still ongoing and I find it difficult to manage it at same time. So, I will continue Entwined once I'm done with the Tamil story.

For now, we'll start with this TS. I hope you like the story. Thank you for your patience and supporting my works.

~ * ~

Shakhi TS Heart Me, Foe

Part One

Anokhi cursed softly under her breath as she balanced her umbrella at one hand and held her certificate file to herself safely not to let it get wet in the rain.

"Aaj hi yesa hona tha kya! Aaj meri interview hai aur aese baarish ho ri hay!" Anokhi grumbled as she looked out for any auto or cab so that she can reach her interview soon, "There will be autos on road every second par aaj ek bhi nahi hai!!"

Anokhi has an interview for lecturer at one of the reputed Arts & Science college at Kapurthala. She's an English graduate and looking forward to join at the college where she did her under graduation.

Groaning in annoyance, Anokhi kept trying to book a cab when her eyes fell on a taxi at a distance. Relief flooded her senses as she grabbed her files closer to herself and rushed towards the cab in a hurry.

Just as Anokhi reached the cab and placed her hand on the cab door, someone from the other side placed their hand on the same cab door as well. When she opened the cab door, with seven billion people + in the whole wide world, she was greeted with the sight of her fellow undergraduate collegemate with whom she always gets into arguments; Shaurya Sabharwal.

'Curse my luck' Anokhi thought as she watched Shaurya, ignoring her, sat inside the cab.

"Bhaiya, mein ne pehle aayithi!" Anokhi gritted her teeth on looking at Shaurya before looking at the cab driver as she sat in.

"Nahi, mam, yeh-" The cab driver started but Anokhi cut him off in middle.

"Kya yeh voh keh rahe hain, aap ne mirror dekha hoga na. Mein ne pehle aayi thi bhaag ke!"

"Haan, penguin ke jaise bhaag ke aayi hogi!" Shaurya who was silent the whole while broke his silence and said with a mocking smirk. He muttered under his breath, "Shortie"

It's not like Shaurya and Anokhi met after their UG. Kapurthala wasn't much big of a city for them to not run into each other. They even saw each other last week at Rajaji park, one of famous park in Kapurthala. She glared at him when he saw her with a mocking smile and a wink before he walked away. That memory was still fresh in both their mind.

"Abey! Tu chup rahiyo! Mein tujse baath nahi kar rahi hoon! Mein driver bhaiya se bol rahi hoon!" Anokhi glared at Shaurya who tried to bit back her smile. She then turned to cab driver, "Bhaiya, mujhe ek zaruri kaam hai, jaldi jaana hai. Mein aap ko double pay karvavungi. Aab isse neeche jaane ko kahiyeh"

"Whar??! Mein kyun jao?! Yeh mera ride hai!" Shaurya grumbled and glared at Anokhi, "Dekh Anokhi, mujhe bhi zaruri kaam hai. Koyi aur cab leke chali jana. Yeh mera ride hai!"

Shaurya and Anokhi started to bicker making the cab driver to look back and forth at them before the cab driver finally had enough and burst out.

"Aap dhono chup ho jao!!" The cab driver yelled making both Anokhi and Shaurya to turn silent. He then turned towards Anokhi, "Dekhiye mam, unhonhe hi pehle aaye the. Yeh unka ride hai. Aap koyi aur cab dekhlo. Uthariyeh"