Chapter 24

After I landed at Eastwatch, I was greeted by Tormund and Jon. My dreams were right as well as my gut that Jon was here. Jon told his plan of convincing the Dragon Queen to fight with us if he bends the knee. Tormund said his plan was suicidal and mockingly asked which of the two ferocious Queens was it we needed to convince.

"Both," Jon replied. "Y/n this is Jorah Mormont, he is Queen Daenerys's, right-hand man." I nodded greeting him with a firm handshake. Lord Stark told me about how the once Lord Jorah dishonored his family by selling prisoners as slaves.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be watching over Sansa and Winterfell?" He asked and I told him about my dreams and the feeling I had. I could not explain it properly for them to understand, but ask him to trust me.
Davos volunteered to stay behind at Eastwatch because he regarded himself as a liability, given his age and relative lack of fighting ability.

"The Night's Watch are detaining members of the Brotherhood Without Banners, or something like that," Tormund said and we headed to the icy cells beneath Eastwatch to meet the prisoners.

"Well, well, well. I never thought I would be lucky enough to see you again Beric Dondarrion." Seeing them again, I found it funny they were captured by the Watch. Thoros was there leaning on the bars. Gendry opinioned that we should not trust Thoros and the rest because of what the Brotherhood did to him.

As they were arguing, I scanned around the cell, smirking at seeing them behind bars, but it fell off my lips when my eyes landed on a huge man laying on his back on the bench, eyes closed.

It can not be!

I stepped back, bumping into Tormund. He held my shoulders, steadying me as my heartbeat quickened. "Sandor?" It was barely a whisper, but loud enough for all to hear. As it was an alarm, Sandor's brown eyes shot open and sat upright.

"Y/n?" He stood completely up and walked to the bars, as I moved further away with terror painted on my face. Tormund's grip tightened, holding me close to his chest, and Sandor glared at the sight.

"No, you are dead. I saw you die." My breath hitched, and pain stung my heart as I stared at him. He was a little older, lesser hair on his head but he looked good. Not like someone who had been beaten to death. Before he could say anything more I ran out of the cellars and wiped the fallen tears.

Heavy footsteps came behind me and drew my sword, spinning around and stopping my blade inches from their neck. "I come in peace." Tormund held up his hands, moving my sword away.
"What is wrong? I have never seen you like this."

"The large man in there with the scar, he is Sandor Clegane." I saw the shock in his blue eyes when the words left my mouth. Gendry walked out, searching for us, and said, Jon, wanted us back in there. "I can not go back in, not with him there."

"Why not? The gods gave you your love back." Tormund questioned me.

"Because as I mourned for weeks, he breathed in the air and life flowed in his veins. All the pain I felt was for nothing." Anger heated my body when I realized what I said and a smirk formed on my lips. "You know what? I want to be in there."

Sandor's head snapped toward us when he stepped back inside. I stood tall, glaring at him as I walked past him, and Tormund closes behind me. The Wildlings, Mormont, and the Brotherhood Without Banners distrusted each other, they finally decided to put aside their differences to fight against the army of the dead.

"Can we get a move on? The cells are fucking freezing." Sandor groaned. I scoffed rolling my eyes. After they were freed, we exited Eastwatch's gate and set out into the lands beyond the Wall on our dangerous mission to capture a Wight to bring to Daenerys and Cersei.