Chapter 6

Bright sunlight shined through the window, warming my room and my skin. "Where am I?" The room felt familiar, but I could not put my finger on it.

A male voice could be heard from the other room. Standing up from the comfortable bed, my legs took me to the kitchen without my mind telling them where to go.

A man stood with his back towards me in the middle of the room, he had little white hair left on his head and the clothes he wore were old and tattered.

"Excuse me, where am I?"

The man turned around, his dark brown eyes, matching mine, teared up when he saw me. I felt the life draining from my face as I recognized the place. It can't be!

"Father?"

"Y/n I am so sorry." Tears fell from his eyes, the rest of his tired face was stone cold and his voice was different than I remember.

"Why did you do that to me, Father? I was only a child and-"

"But you were stupid!" Father snarled like a caged dog, anger grew in his eyes.

"I never asked for that to happen to me! You made that choice, you bastard!" I grabbed his shirt, my knuckles turning white and I felt warm tears flowing down my cheeks. I never thought I would cry for this man again in my life.

"You could have gotten yourself killed against the Mountain. You should have never interfered."

His words took me aback. How would he know about what happened in the tournament?

The bed legs knocked against the stone floor while I twisted and rolled. Hands grabbed my shoulders pushing me flat on the mattress. Sitting up straight I punched the stranger holding me and squinted from the brightness.

"Do not touch me or I will cut you-" A piercing pain shot up from my ribs making me scream out and clutching my chest.

"Y/n you are safe." I heard Lord Stark's calm voice and felt him slowly push me back down. Breathing normally I waited for my blurry vision to go back to normal before taking in my situation.

A groan filled the silence, Grand Maester Pycelle sat in the corner holding his bleeding nose. "I apologize for punching you, Maester Pycelle."

"It is quite an alright child. Excuse me, Lord Stark." Pycelle walked out clutching his nose and Ned Stark sat next to me.

"We heard you screaming and yelling for someone to stop, we come here as fast as we could. That is when we saw you punch Maester Pycelle." We? Jory entered the room, taking my hand and squeezing it.

"Did he try-" Jory saw fear in my face and quickly shoved the idea out of my head.

"No Y/n, nothing in that manner. I asked him what was going on and he replied that you were tossing and turning violently. He tried to get you to calm down, but your fist got in his way." A smile crept on my face, seeing a smirk quickly appearing and disappearing on Lord Stark's face and Jory chuckled.

"How bad is it?" I traced the bandages that spun around my chest. "Maester Pycelle said that you have some cracked ribs and there is a good chance your lungs are bruised from the impact." Lord Stark explained.

He mentioned that I was unconscious for a day and that I will have to take it easy from now on until I am better. "No more fighting against the Clegane family." Laughing at the joke, my mind wandered to Sandor.

"How is Clegane? Sandor."

"He is well. Some scraps, but he will live, continuing being Prince Joffrey's bodyguard." Nodding at that, Ned and Jory left, leaving me to get some rest.