Before climbing in I looked over my shoulder, straight at Natasha who was stood in the corner watching on. In a moment of weakness I pleaded with my eyes, begging for her to help me but I knew all too well that it was too late. I couldn't afford to raise suspicion now else people will realise something happened between Steve and I. She sent me a look of apology, although it was slightly restrained, before I focused my attention on Steve again and climbed into the ring.

"Ready Orlova?" He questioned, a small grin on his face as he crouched in preparation for our sparring. It would most definitely turn in to a fight, one that I was sure to lose.

"Don't we need gloves?" I'd only just noticed that we were both readying to fight bare knuckled.

"I think we'll both be fine without. Why, you scared of a few bruises?" He was clearly alluding to the black ones he'd given me before, the ones that painted most of my stomach and ribs. Like I'd ever forget.

"Let's fight then." I kept my voice flat in one last effort to gain some power over the daunting man that stood before me, the one that was about to hurt me and enjoy every second of it.

We circled one another for some time before I dared to launch the first attack. It was a simple punch to the ribs that just like I'd expected, Steve dodged easily before retuning his own. I hadn't been quite as quick in moving out of the way and so he managed to make contact with my side. A small hiss left my mouth but I was quick to regain my composure, desperate to deprive him of the satisfaction he was yearning for.

Over the course of the fight we each landed some hits, although I could tell that Steve was holding back. He was most likely trying to keep up appearances, hoping that the others wouldn't catch on to his blatant hatred for me.

But eventually he got bored, I could see his frustration bubbling over as I dodged a few of his hits in a row. I allowed a small grin to grow on my face, one that he quickly noticed, only darkening his already terrifying demeanour. After a few more lazy attempts at hitting me he waited for me to launch my own punch before coming in with a counter, one that came in the form of a heavy punch to my ribs that forced every ounce of air from my lungs. I hunched over slightly in return, desperate to remain on my feet in a stand of defiance more than anything.

This position exposed my face to him as well as hiding it from the others. Therefore making it the perfect target for his next blow. Steve came forward with a knee this time, and before I could successfully cover my face in protection it made contact with my nose and lip simultaneously. I stumbled back slightly this time in shock, my face contorted from the pain of the hit.

I'd dropped my guard, focusing down at my hands that were covered in the blood now pouring from my face. Just as I'd started to realise what was going on again, Steve rushed forward in one last effort and landed a punch right in the centre of my stomach. It was all too similar to last time, when he'd beaten me in similar places in my cell. Except this time he'd dared to injure my face, having no need to hide the injuries since they could be so easily explained away.

He'd winded me again, as well as inflicting a surge of pain that left my headache from earlier in the past. I crumpled to my knees, both hands clamped around my stomach in an effort to ease the agonising wave that wouldn't subside. I'd known this was coming, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

"You okay Orlova?" It was Steve, feigning concern as he stood over my cowering frame. Yet again reminding me that I was powerless against him, as well as to not cross him in any way. I'd never intended to but I certainly wouldn't now. My life truly depended on keeping that fateful night a secret.

After some deep breaths I managed to squeeze out a reply. "Yeah, I'm fine." With that I sucked in a painful breath and rose to my feet, staring straight at him as I felt the warm liquid pour from my nose and mouth. I couldn't let him see my fear, not that easily.