|15| Real.

When my eyes peeled open the next day a banging filled my head in an instant. After a few seconds of confusion I remembered some of last night; mostly the amount of drink I'd consumed. That was stupid and now I was well and truly paying the price.

After laying totally still for a few minutes I finally mustered up the strength to lift my head out of the pillow, just enough to look around a little. I was splayed out in the middle of the bed and as far as I could tell I was all alone in the room. And that's when I realised that I wasn't in my own bedroom, it was Natasha's. How had I ended up here?

To allow my mind to focus I dropped my head back down into the soft fabric and closed my eyes. I then began wracking my brain for answers to questions I didn't even know to ask.

But after some time I was hit with a moment of realisation. I'd kissed Natasha last night. I'd barged into her room, climbed onto her bed and then on top of her before doing what I'd been so afraid to do for weeks. But as far as I could tell she'd returned the gesture, or she certainly made no efforts to pull away. She was the one to put an end to it though, before things went too far, but that's when everything got foggy again  and I had no recollection of what we'd said after the kiss. Or kisses? I couldn't remember.

The throbbing in my head quickly became searing when JARVIS' voice boomed through the speakers. "Ms Orlova you've been requested in the training room. Training began approximately fifteen minutes ago." Oh shit, Natasha would be pissed.

Pushing my thoughts and awful headache aside I scrambled out of bed and to my room. On autopilot I grabbed some workout clothes from my wardrobe before throwing them on, shoving my feet in my trainers, before simultaneously running towards the training room whilst pulling my hair up into a ponytail. I hadn't had time for a shower so I was still wearing last nights makeup, not that I'd seen myself at all so I had no idea of the true state I was in.

Breathless and hot I made it down to the training room in record time, everybody else already there and busy working out. I hated being late, especially when I was still far from proving myself to a majority of the team. To avoid too much embarrassment I quickly found Natasha and stalked towards her, although she made no effort to acknowledge my presence when I stopped before her. That was strange. Sure, I was late but that didn't warrant her being so cold straight from the get go.

"I'm sorry I'm late" I finally offered, my voice small.

Natasha didn't even acknowledge my apology though, instead just continuing on like she barely knew me. "You're training with someone else today. Ask Tony who." This was all really strange, but there was no time to question it now.

"Oh, okay" was all I said before turning on my heel and heading towards Tony who was in the middle of lifting a weight. I just stood there awkwardly as I waited for him to finish.

"Can I help you Orlova?" He eventually questioned, breaking the awkwardness.

"Natasha said I was training with someone else today, that I should ask you who." He took a seat on the bench and sipped at his water before answering.

"Oh yeah, um." Tony looked around the room, clearly about to make a spur of the moment decision about who my training partner would be. "Rogers?" He shouted, and my stomach dropped instantly at the sound of his name. Of all the people it had to be him.

"Yes Stark" I heard him reply, his tone one of annoyance at being disrupted.

"You're training Orlova today. How about some sparring? Go easy though." This couldn't possibly get any worse.

"Sure" I could hear the venom in his tone, that single word laced with hatred. "Come on Orlova, I haven't got all day." I was frozen to the spot, but I couldn't afford to annoy him anymore so I broke out of my trance and approached the ring where he was waiting. Every instinct telling me to run.