That very minute I had a bunch more notifications, people replying to my comment.

_________________________________________

@urmomssidepiece

That's so hot! Date me pls
.
.
.
.

@lgbt.safespace

What's ur prns? Can we have a hair tut!
.
.
.
.

@iluvwomen.xx

R u and ur @tinygiant_fampage okay now?

Load more

— — —

I turned round to a sad Sho. I immediately discarded my phone and hugged him tight.

"Are you okay? Want to talk about it, or should I leave it?" I asked, letting him lean on my shoulder.

"I'm fine," He answered. "I've just got a headache." He went to look at his phone and gasped. "It's almost 9, you need to go home!" Shoyo jumped from the bed and started to usher me out of his house. I laughed a little at his attempt, as he's like a good few inches shorter than me, and a hell lot skinnier.

"Uh- Bye then?" Shoyo shut the front door in my face. Leaving me out in the breezy sunset outdoors.

I kicked a rock on the path, as I made my way back home. My legs kept jiggling as I walked, and that scene played over and over in my head.

You crippled bitch!

Little slut

Is that why you're fat?

I couldn't get my mind off of it for ages, it was even in my dream that same night.

No POV: Timeskip, next day after school, the team have gone round to Noya's house. The preliminaries have been suspended for one day while they sort out the complaints of parents after the fight.

Sam was stood in front of the bathroom mirror, trying to record the much requested hair tutorial. Hinata was recording them basically fluffing up their wet hair until it resembled a homeless dog.

Noya kept on trying to photobomb, so a few shots showed his middle finger stuck out half way across the shot.

"Now, then... I like- do this." They used a hair straightener to make it still bouncy, without looking like they were cosplaying the woolly mammoth from ice age. Sam had to keep on re doing it though, because Noya kept on throwing toilet roll at them. Once it was over, the stream of comments had already started flowing. They were pretty much a micro-celebrity, the video of the fight now having 307k likes. Sam's TikTok, that only had one video besides the hair tutorial, which showed Tanaka on a kid's play park slide, had gained a small following.

The fight was was the only topic of conversation at school. Hinata was sent a few pitying looks, no one had to ask where the cut had come from. Sam was either viewed as a manically angry psychopath, or as the coolest person to ever exist. Sam was already known for bending the school dress code, with shoes and jackets which could only just get them past getting detention, so now they just attracted more attention. During practice, A total of five people hugged Hinata: Ukai, Suga, Yamaguchi, Kiyoko and Asahi. For Hinata, it had been a pretty bad day.

Kageyama walked home from Noya's house with him. He'd delved too deep into the internet, as he usually likes to do in the middle of the night, and had stumbled across the topic of diabetic suicide. During his search, he'd convinced himself Hinata was heavily suicidal, and made a vow not to let the ginger walk alone late at night. When they reached the house, Kageyama gave him an awkward hug. "That guy was a trash volleyball player, he doesn't know how to block. Don't value what he thinks."

Hinata nodded. "Don't worry, I didn't take him too seriously." He waved goodbye, and pulled open the door. Mrs. Hinata was sat at the dinner table, by herself.

"Oh, Sweetheart. You're back." She stood up, and poured him a glass of water. "Sit down for me love, we just need to talk for a moment." Hinata closed the door and pulled out a chair, then sat down opposite her. He nervously sipped from his glass, waiting for her to say something. She stared for a minute, analysing his features. Bright tawny eyes, fluffy red hair, a long crimson cut slashed down his face, outlined with purple bruising. "I saw a clip of what happened yesterday."

"Yeah, mum, I'm so, so sorry. I just- I... he wouldn't let me walk away I just wish that-"

"Sh- shh." She smiled at him, letting him know he wasn't angry. "One of my friends found it, and sent it to me. Sam kept you safe though, didn't they."

"Yeah."

"You're lucky to have them with you, I just wish they could of reacted maybe a bit less angrily."

"Mum, they didn't do anything-"

"Shh. I'm not angry with Sam either. The only one I'm angry with is whoever that guy in the red uniform is." She sighed, and stroked Hinata's less bruised cheek with her hand. "Sam isn't always going to be there to keep you safe, though I'm grateful they did this time. I know you tried to leave, and you understood that fighting wasn't the answer, but some assholes just won't understand that. I'm not going to go mental and make you stop volleyball, you have just as much capability as anyone else on your team, if not more, but I want to get you counselling to make sure you're managing all this stress as best as you can."

Hinata buried his head in his hands. He didn't want to go to counselling, but he knew he needed it. He had cried so many times in the last few weeks, suffering with that feeling of being out of control. He let out a short gasp, and held his breath so he wouldn't cry. "Oh, love." Mrs Hinata soothed, standing up to walk over to him. She hugged him tight, and he just wailed. No silent tears. Gasping, crying, shaking. He clung onto his mother, trying to form slightly coherent sentences.

"I'm- I'm sorry, I'm just- I don't want to-" Hinata's mother stayed silent, running her hands through his hair. He shivered feeling her rings meet his scalp. "I just think I've g-gone mad."

She rested her head on top of Shoyo's. "I've got you. It'll be okay soon." After the crying had finally stopped, Mrs Hinata got  Shoyo to finish the water, and he walked up to bed. His eyes looked raw and painful, the surface, glazed over with tears, was completely red, dulling his brown iris. His eye bags had swollen up, and there were dark blotches all the way down his face. The end of his nose was a deep scarlet colour, and his breaths were heavy and tired. He didn't change out of his shirt, just fell asleep slumped on the top of his duvet.