Late night talk.

Kageyama sat on his laptop. It was one AM, he had not slept. He didn't dare close his eyes, all he could see was Hinata lying still on the court ground. He opened Google, and did something he was telling himself not to before.

"Type one diabetes" He typed. He clicked enter. He scrolled through a few websites, and skimmed through the words, his tired brain unable to completely focus.

"Serious and life-long condition"

"Can damage your heart, eyes, feet and kidneys."
"Insulin injections"                            "Carb counting".

           "Risks of developing complications."

"Complications, that's what Hinata has, doesn't he." Kageyama thought silently. He re-opened the search bar.

"Type one diabetes cure." He clicked enter.

"Although diabetes can be managed with insulin and frequent exercise, there is currently no cure." Kageyama felt his heart drop.

"Is type one diabetes caused by obesity?"
"Can you die from type one diabetes?"
"Type one diabetes complications"
"Diabetes sight loss"
"Type one diabetes abbreviation"
"Is t1d caused by drinking?"
"How is t1d caused?"
"DKA"
"Dying of DKA"
"Spotify"
"Is insulin addictive?"
"Low blood sugar"
"How many diabetics die from DKA"
"Chances of being killed by DKA"

The searches continued until the birds were singing, when Kageyama crashed onto his pillow finally, eyes raw and burning from exhaustion.

No POV: with Sugawara and Daichi the next morning.

Suga's head was rested on Daichi's pillow. "Seriously, babe. You seem too stressed and exhausted to go into school today." Daichi said worriedly.

"It's silly, I know. He's in the right hands and everything, but what if he doesn't get better?"

"Hey, it's okay to worry, but don't go convincing yourself that he's going to die, alright? Now I'll make you something to eat, and you go back to sleep. You don't look like you've slept properly."

Sugawara groaned vaguely. "You're my boyfriend, not my therapist."

"I'm okay being both."

Hinata's POV, 4 and a half days later, late at night.

Bleep...bleep....bleep....

What? Is that a whistle? Who won the match?

Bleep..bleep..

Yes, I know the match is over, but who won? I strained my eyes slightly, trying to open them to find a bright, hot light directly above me, through the small crevice I could look through.

"Mr. Hinata? Are you there?" Oh, someone's talking... Huh? Who's that? If someone's asking me if I'm there, why am I at a match? Who are we even playing against? Did I let the team down?

Bleep...bleep... Oh, we didn't lose the match, it's an alarm clock... I tried to lift my arms, but I was just too tired. Did mum clean my room? Smells of antiseptic... bleep...bleep.. wow, it smells strong... must of been deep cleaned.

My eyes slowly opened, I didn't recognise the light above me.. were we at training camp..? No.. training camp smelt of sweat and barbecue...

"Mr Hinata?" Oh... the same lady..