28: Is this goodbye?.

Lailah Dk

It's been two days since I met my mum. I was so happy when I saw her. I couldn't believe the crazy Nailah was my twin sister all along. I felt really happy knowing this, my heart was at peace and It couldn't feel any better than this.

"Lailah, why don't you wanna follow us back to Canada? Please Lailah comes with us." Nailah said. I had come to spend the night with them.

"Nailah I can't leave, I need to stay here. But I promise I'll be safe. Nothing will happen to me. I promise" I held her hand.

"We just got you back and you want to leave so soon, that man is here and you said it yourself. He wants to kill you." She said. "Okay, why can't you leave?"

"I have a job in Niger. I have to attend to it, and also the king. Haidar I..." I mistakenly called Haidar's name absentmindedly. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned Haidar" I looked away from her eyes.

"It's okay. It's clear he has feelings for you and not me. Haidar would never slap a woman, and he slapped me. For you, He loves you." She said.

"No, he doesn't. It's just..." She cut me short.

"And from the way you are looking away from my eyes, I know you love him too." She chuckled.

"I don't, I just care about him," I said and she chuckled again.

"And that isn't love? You'll realize it soon, I assure you." She said.

"And you? don't you love him?" I asked.

"I did, He slapped me. I can't forget that" She said.

"I'm sorry about that, it was my fault," I said.

"It wasn't Lailah, it wasn't your fault he fell in love with you. You are very beautiful, nice and well any guy would crush on a cute military woman," she said and I chuckled. "I knew he had feelings for you when I came to visit the last time, I just thought I was insinuating it" 

"He doesn't love me Nailah, I'm certain. He'll come back to you, I saw the say way he looked at you yesterday." I said.

"You saw nothing. It was just a look of pity in his eyes. Haidar doesn't have feelings for me anymore" She said. "It was all my fault though, I was refusing to marry him but I guess God didn't want us to be because you are his real wife. You'll marry him, I'm sure about that." She said. I burst into laughter.

"You are still as dramatic as I left you. Nailah nothing is ever going to work between me and Haidar. We fight every day, he doesn't fail to throw rude words my way. He's always grumpy," I smiled. All the memories of I and Haidar for the past six months made me laugh. It was funny most of the time. I didn't even know how we resolved our differences and started seeing eye to eye.

"You see you look happy speaking about him." She chuckled. "Let's forget about Haidar for now, the main thing is that you need to follow us to Canada. Please for our Late father's sake Lailah, we'll bring Salim with us as well. You need to come" She pleaded.

"Okay let's make this deal, I'll follow you to Canada but I'll only spend a year with you guys. I'll give my position in Niger to someone else for a year. Deal?" She asked.

"Of course, it's a sure deal. Maybe I'll speak to some of my connections over there and they'll get you into the Canadian army. How does that sound?" She asked. I smiled.

"Brilliant," I said and she smiled.

"I'll begin speaking to them so that we can stay in Canada forever." She hugged me tightly.