3: Bodyguard drama

Haider Jega

Immediately we arrived home, she ran like a breeze and opened the door to the car for me, I sent her an unpleased look and she didn't seem to bother. She doesn't even smile, what an annoying girl she was and her name was one I hated a lot. DK, who names their daughter that.

"Asalamualaikum your highness, the king has asked to see you" I heard the voice of Hamza, my father's loyal subject and errand boy.

"Walaikumusalam Hamza, Does he look angry?" I asked and Hamza nodded. I immediately shot a deadly glare at Dk for I know she is the cause of my father's anger towards me.

"Alright," I huffed. I began walking and she began following behind me. I could see her through the clear glass wall of my father's Chamber. The way she walked was like a man, with her head always held up high.

"Why did you call my dad?" I asked before opening the door to his Chamber.

"Because he is my boss" she gave me a very clear and blunt response. I pushed the door open and walked in, my father was seated on the mat with a Qur'an before him.

"Asalamualaikum Dad," I said.

"Walaikumusalam, you may stay outside DK. Thank you" he said and she nodded and walked out.

"It seems to me that you have forgotten the reason why I got you a bodyguard," he said.

"I have not" I responded.

"Haider your life and Zubair's have been in danger since birth. Do you know how hard my father suffered to make sure I wasn't murdered as well?" He asked.

"I do, you've told me so many times" I responded.

"Thank you, so that is why I want you to be careful. DK isn't God but I promise she'll protect you" He said and I hissed silently.

"DK is a woman, I'm pretty sure she needs my protection," I said.

"Nope, She's a warrior. Do not underestimate her" he said.

"Okay, what if something happens between us? I mean she is a woman and I am a man, I just hope we will not be sharing the same house" I said, he chuckled and looked up and said.

"I trust Dk, she'll never do such a thing. And even If you try it, she'll hit you" he said. "And about sharing the same house, yes. Her clothes have been taken to your house" I rose a brow Immediately after he finished his statement.

"Dad, she's a woman," I said.

"I know! I trust her and not you. So I'm safe, now leave. Go and rest, I'm sure you are tired" he said and I nodded. I was trying so much to control my anger. I simply walked back outside to find DK standing like a rooted statue.

"Let's go," I said and she nodded and Began walking behind me again.

We walked towards my part of the palace, which had a big duplex built in the middle, it was next to that my brother's.

"I'm with your keys," she said and I raised a brow.

"How did you get it?" I asked.

"Your father, he gave me the keys to every part of your house," she said and I hissed.

"Give me" I grabbed it from her hands roughly. I took a glance at her eyes and noticed she had Grey cat eyes, her eyes looked extremely scary.

"Are you wearing eye contact?" I asked while opening the door.

"No, they are my natural eyes," she said and I nodded. Wow, her eyes are even as scary as her nature. She is technically a replica of a boy, even the way she dresses is something else.

"Oh," I mumbled while taking a walk into the dark house which I turned its lights on.

"Don't touch my stuff" I said, I turned around and she nodded.

"Your majesty your lunch" I looked towards the door to find my maid, Marmah staring at me with a tray of food in her hands. It was as if she was waiting for me to walk in.

"Thanks, keep it in the dining room," I said and she nodded and began walking towards the dining room

"Stop," DK said and she halted. "Place the food on the center table and have a taste," she said, what is wrong with this girl? Like damn, she's got nerves.

"There's no need for that DK, Marmah is my trusted maid," I said.

"Never trust anyone with your life, not even me. Now taste the food please" God, what type of girl is this, so annoying and blunt.

"I said there is no need, Marmah takes the food to the dining room," I said.

"I'm doing my Job prince Haidar, please do not interrupt me. Now place the food there and have a taste of each dish" with the way she sent a deadly glare at Marmah, the poor girl immediately placed the food on the center table and took a bite of each food while she watched her intently.

"Good, sit there for five minutes," she said, well I have had it with this girl.

"DK or wherever your so-called name is, I'm your boss and you are to obey me. When I say don't do it, DON'T" I said while pointing my index finger at her. She stared at me with the bluntest bored Expression ever and said. God, I hate her even more than the rest of my previous bodyguards.

"Your father hired me and not you. And I'm to only obey him and not you" She said. I huffed loudly and instantaneously turned around and walked towards the stairs, she was annoying me greatly.

"Now you may leave" I heard her say to Marmah. I hissed loudly and continued my journey upstairs.

I got to the door of my room and pushed it open. Just to come face to face with a big gift box laying on my bed. I smiled because I knew it would be from no one else but Nailah.

I walked towards the gift and picked it up and Immediately unboxed it. It was a signed copy of William Shakespeare's novel. Romeo and Juliet are one of my favorite romance novels.

"Oh my God, this is worth a fortune," I said with my palm Covering my mouth.

I picked up my phone and Immediately placed a phone call to Nailah who picked on the second Ring.

"I guess you loved your book," she said immediately after she answered the call.

"Love it?... I mega super love it. This is supposed to be in a museum Nailah, how did you get it?" I asked.

"hmm it's my great-granddad's," she said.

"Oh my God...." I was cut short by the yelling that came from downstairs.

"You're not allowed to go in there, I'm trying to be calm with you" I heard DK's annoying voice.

"What's going on over there?" Nailah Asked.

"It's my new bodyguard. I'll call you later" I didn't even wait for her to respond and I cut the call.

I went out the door, "what's going on here?" I asked DK. I looked at who was at her front and it was my stepbrother, Zubair.

"Who is this mad lady?" Zubair asked.

"My new bodyguard," I said and he nodded pitifully. DK is nothing but trouble.

"Please brother let's go talk," I said to Zubair.

"wait Haider," he said.

"You, this should be the very last time you ever yell at me or stop me from entering here. If you try it next time I'll make sure you are punished by the guards" Zubair said while pointing his index finger at her.

"I dare you, I'll break every one of their bones. I'm DK and not any other girl" she said so proudly as though she was a Queen. This girl is something else.

"We shall see," Zubair said. She wasn't even moved at all, she simply turned around and walked down the stairs arrogantly.

"She acts like a man," Zubair said and I chuckled.

"You haven't seen anything yet," I said.