ᥴꫝꪖρ𝕥ꫀ𝕣 7

»•»🖤«•«
PRESENT DAY

"GyuGyu!"

"Beomgyu!"

He blinked back at thunderstorms swarming in his mind, the disjointed haze receding to the point where he could now make sense of the world around him. He's trying to work through exactly what happened but he's feeling too light-headed for that.

"What..." Beomgyu was finally able to open his eyes completely. "What happened.." He muttered, Yeonjun leaning over him being the only thing he's seeing.

"You fainted.." He revealed.

"I.. did..?" Beomgyu slowly stood up. Yeonjun's instinct was to immediately hold his arm. "Yah it's too early to stand up!"

He seems to be next to the large table where Taehyun and Huening Kai always sit. "I had a really interesting dream.." He muttered, still woozy.

"Okay just.." Yeonjun pulled a chair out and gently sat his friend down. "Sit down please."

"It was about..." Beomgyu couldn't continue that sentence, if he hadn't seen what his eyes are currently showing him he may have still been able to.

His fear peaked once again and he could feel himself trembling on the inside. Taehyun was sitting right there, on that reserved seat, like he always does. His big eyes were looking straight into Beomgyu's soul.

Beomgyu's heart felt uneasy, confused, stabbed by terror. But this is not how Beomgyu's heart used to react when he saw Taehyun. It used to be so in love, Taehyun owned his heart.

No.

No.

Taehyun is fine.

That whole thing didn't happen right? Actually, Beomgyu started to really think back on when he fainted exactly. Was it before he ran after Taehyun or after he had that sensation that he had just touched a ghost?

It would make sense if it was before all that and that the ghost thing was a dream. Beomgyu has been feeling sick even before stepping into the store since he hasn't eaten in a while. So yes he probably fainted from that.

Plus Taehyun is sitting in the exact same spot, black book in his hands, as if nothing ever happened. But the way he's staring emotionlessly is starting to seriously give him the creeps.

But now Beomgyu's mind went back to not being at rest. He wants to try touching him again, just to make sure.

Make sure that what?

That his friend didn't die? He would have definitely been aware a long time ago of it was the case.

He shouldn't make sure of anything.
Taehyun is fine.

But....

"Beomgyu? Calm down..."

'Why is he saying calm down?'

"Gyu you're breathing too fast!"

Pants after pants, Beomgyu has actually been restlessly breathing in and out. It's not only on the inside that he's trembling but on the outside too.

What could this possibly be...

Who is he kidding.. He knows why, he just refuses to admit it. His subconscious mind is convinced that all that wasn't a dream, that Taehyun is really a ghost and that he fainted from raw shock.

"No..."

His shaky arm slowly stretched forward towards Taehyun.. He needs to know the truth.

Taehyun was as still as a statue, looking at Beomgyu with zero emotions and it seems like that was a struggle to do. Because he's actually trying to give Beomgyu the impression that nothing indeed happened previously.

"Hyun-ah..." He blubbered, "Please tell me this isn't true.."

"Please..."

"You're okay..."

"Tell me you're okay.."

Taehyun gave up, he's really not the best actor. His expression was slowly changing, growing more and more pained the closer Beomgyu's hand was getting.

Yeonjun grabbed Beomgyu by the shoulders and pulled him out of the chair, widening the gap between the two boys. He looked at Huening Kai. "I assure you he usually isn't like this. He's just really mentally ill for some reason, I'll guide him home so he can rest."

Huening Kai nodded, he wasn't judging Beomgyu anymore, he was just genuinely worried even though he was just a stranger. "Good luck.."

Beomgyu spared one last sorrowful glance at Taehyun before being dragged away from his sight.

~

And just like that, Taehyun was alone again, alone and ignored by everyone except for one person.

Alone in this dark cruel world that he so badly wants to escape but he can't do that yet.
Not until he does what he came here to do, and he only has like a week left to do it, if he doesn't, even Beomgyu will start disregarding him.

He looked back down at his black book titled 'Bardo'.
'This book is really not helping me.. I should focus on the pink one..'

He slowly rested his head on his crossed arms and closed his eyes.
'I'm such a coward, I should've just talked to him from the beginning instead of trying to seek answers in these books.'

'I just really don't want to worry him...'

»•»🤍«•«