[19] Finding A Witness

Sora woke up early the next day to make some breakfast for the both of them. She checked her phone and noticed several messages mostly from Echiko. It was probably the last warning before she's dead due to her actions last night. As she was waiting for the fish to be steamed, she went ahead and cook rice. Just after she clicked the button for the rice to cook, her phone rang.

She picked it up, knowing who the caller was so she speaks up. "Hurmm, what's the matter?" She could her a sigh coming from the end of the line meaning that she probably did something wrong. "I told you to keep your distance from him. It'll be dangerous for the both of us." The caller warned but Sora rolled her eyes instead.

"Look, I told you this is going to be the last time. I won't see him anymore. It's going to be fine." Sora's voice was stern and the caller had no choice but to agree. The phone call ended just like that and coincidently Yuki was up when her phone rang earlier. She typed something on her phone and showed it to him.

Pick a fight with me. Someone's listening in to us.

He read it and reluctantly agreed to it, acknowleding the fact that somebody installed a hearing device inside here somewhere. They ate breakfast quietly and Sora kept on being cautious making Yuki bothered as well. "Who did you talk on the phone earlier?" Hearing his question made her startled since the room was quiet before and she was distracted, searching for hidden cameras inside his apartment. "None of your concern."

Yuki looks annoyed at the point where he just shove his plate in the sink loudly making Sora jumped but didn't say anything about it. After she was done, she cleared out the sink and sat back down. "What else are you doing here?" Yuki looked at her, annoyed with her presence. "Well, I just thought maybe we could clear some misunderstandings."

Sora looked back at him and he chuckles in disbelieve. "You? Trying to make up with me, huh? I've had enough of you, Sora. All my life, I've been chasing you like a dog trying to fetch his ball. You know how many times I got critize for liking you all this years? No, right? That's because you never pay attention to me, Hayama. I wonder why I was so blind and dumb for sticking up for you all this years. Looking back at it now, I look damn pathetic, don't you think? You must had a lot of fun seeing me look like a fool. Well, I won't do that anymore. Now, get out of my here, I have enough of your shit throughout the years I've known you."

The way Yuki said it with his stern voice and his angry tone made Sora felt that his confession was real but she remained calm and kept reminding herself that Yuki was probably just acting so that whoever listens to them using their hidden devices, would know they are not in good terms anymore. "Fine then. Have fun living life without me. You do look pathetic now that you have mentioned it. I don't even know why I bother to spend time with you. Probably because I felt sorry for you. Anyways I got business to take care of and unlike you, I have loads of work to do. See you back at the station, Yamada." Sora left his apartment and drove her car to a place where she was meant to meet someone that day.

"How's the fight? Everything went well, I assume." The silhoutte of a man could be seen, leaning on the side of the tunnel. "I hope so. What do you have in mind? I don't have all day so be quick."

"Relax, will you? Jeez, you should thank me for reminding you earlier. Otherwise you'll still be with him. Anyways I got what you need so when can I appear that day?" He handed her a box in which contain some pictures and examination scores inside.

"You're a back up plan, remember that. Don't you dare do anything reckless for now. Besides, how's Maeda?" She asked after closing back the box she opened earlier. "He's awful. I've done my work by explaining our plan to him and he got a lot worst than before." Sora felt disturbed hearing that fact. "Why don't we just tell him everything? The fact that his brother is alive might made him cooperate, don't you think?"