Chapter 38: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʜᴇʟᴘꜱ ᴘɪᴄᴋ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇꜱꜱ

Start from the beginning

Cole nods in appreciation, "Who wouldn't, man?"

Jake rolls his eyes while my face turns slightly red remembering how Jake got on his knees in for me.

Corey and Cole walk toward us, but someone beats them to it.

"Sorry, but I need her," Toothy grabs my hand and pulls me away from the boys.

"I didn't get to hug her!" Cole shouts after Toothy.

"I did. Before." Corey says, "It was amazing."

Jake glares at them.

"Oh by the way," Toothy says to the boys before pulling us around a corner, "I said that accidentally. I'm not sorry."

Saying that, she pulls me into a few hallways before we reach a door. Her bedroom.

She pulls me inside before closing the door.

"You've got a big house," I compliment.

She shrugs as if she doesn't really care.

"So what's up?" I ask, taking a seat on her bed.

"I need suggestions on what to wear." She plays with a strand of her long glossy brown hair.

"Oh okay."

She seems nervous and her fingers seem to get a little violent with her hair.

She takes in a deep breath before looking at me.

"I have a date." She states.

Do I squeal?

Yes.

"Who?" My face lights up like a Christmas tree.

"Tristan, obviously." She replies, two tiny spots of pink on her cheeks.

"Who now?" I blink.

Toothy raises her eyebrows at me as if waiting for something to happen.

And it did happen.

My memory caught up with me, that's what happened.

"Oh that Trsiten!"

She nods.

"When is this date?" I ask.

"Tomorrow." She replies. "But I wanna prepare everything today itself so tomorrow goes smooth. I...haven't been on dates...since a really long time." She bites her bottom lip, a crease of uneasiness appearing between her eyebrows.

"Why not?" I ask.

She smooths down the invisible creases of her stunning floral cream dress, taking in a steady breath, "I...I think you've heard this already considering there's always rumours and all." She bites her bottom lip again.

I straighten my back, preparing my ears to be wide open for her.

She takes a seat in front of me on the bed, taking a moment before looking at me, "I was...raped when I was thirteen."

My mouth drops open.

I knew Toothy was raped...but she was raped when she was thirteen...?

"Oh Toothy." Tears start forming in my eyes and I move to sit directly beside her, putting my arm around her.

She doesn't give in to me yet. Her body sits upright, rigid and erect.

"I didn't tell anyone because the guy threatened me not to." Toothy continues with a hard look, "He said he'll slap me and rape me again if I spoke to any one of this." She squeezes her eyes shut. Her hand suddenly flies into mine and grasps it tightly. "He continued touching me...in places, putting his mouth on me whenever he wanted."