Alone, Under the Moonlight

Start from the beginning

~

"So, again, make sure one of you watches Soobin copy these notes down or else he won't do it. Oh, duh– Just pass them along to his tutor." The teacher walks up to the two desks in front of him and looks down and observes the open notebooks. "Kai," the blond looks up with hopeful eyes but his face slowly drops when he sees the concern in Jimin's expression. "maybe... try to write a little slower." Jimin smiles down at the student and gives him a few pats on his shoulder. He looks over to the blond's counterpart, "Taehyun, yours looks good, give them to... Yun...?"

"Yeonjun." Taehyun corrects. Jimin nods, "Ah yes, Yeonjun. How's that going by the way? The tutoring, that is."

Taehyun looks to Kai but Kai keeps his head down to his messy notes. The silver head shrugs, "I think it's going fine, he is pretty strict though." Jimin nods his head, "Good, good...'' thank god. Then suddenly a reminder flickers on in his head, "Oh, Taehyun," Jimin starts, "when your mother was at our house a few nights ago, they were talking about how our cousin will be visiting us soon. Apparently he's part of some entourage for one of the purebloods coming to Seoul, he's been talking nonstop about it for the past couple of weeks now. Well anyway, your mother offered for the whole group to stay at your family's place."

Taehyun chokes on his saliva mid breath and begins coughing. "Really? Who the hell does he know?! Oh God I hope he's not driving them too crazy... Wait, why didn't my mom just tell me?"

Jimin shrugs, "I don't know. I mean, you know how our mother's can get, they've always been close sisters and will do anything for our uncle and his 'darling son'." Taehyun rolls his eyes. He and Jimin's mothers are sisters and they have a younger brother who they've always babied and could never say no to. This transfers to his 'darling son' as well. 

"Do you know how many of them there will be?" Taehyun asks and Jimin replies, shaking his head, "No, but it's not a small number. I'd just shoot your mom a text, probably just forgot to tell you or something, she has been pretty busy recently preparing for the big pureblood meeting coming up." Taehyun thinks back and notes that it has been a few nights since he's seen his mother. "Yeah, I'll text her." Jimin nods, "Text our uncle about it, too. I'm off."

———

Beomgyu and Heeseung are sitting on the brunette's bed; the hunter is leaning against one of the walls the bed is pressed against, knees to his chest sniffling as he tries to regain control of his breathing as tears stream down his face. Heeseung is sitting criss-cross applesauce in deep thought, processing what his friend told him.

"Damn, so his older sister was attacked and killed by vampire hunters... That's awful, makes sense though. Now he can't trust hunters and because you told him that you're a hunter..." Beomgyu lets out a sniffle and Heeseung looks over, "And this all happened nearly a week ago? What the hell, why did you keep it in so long?! No wonder you're such a blubbering mess!"

The hunter sniffles up the snot from his nose, "I- I- I'm soorrryyyy, I just didn't know how to t-text you or say it over th-th-the phone" he wines, "Agh! Why am I even crying so goddamn much?!" Heeseung quickly gets his friend a (much needed) tissue. He blows his nose and thanks him then, to the guests surprise, the hunter begins laughing. Heeseung stares in awe and several seconds go by as he regains his breath and falls into a tired smile, "You know, I can't wait to be able to look back and laugh at these tears when this is all behind Taehyun and I."

Heeseung's lips thin in a sympathetic look. "Beomgyu," he says softly, "I'm so sorry, but maybe this just isn't meant to–"

"No!" Beomgyu breaks out from the temporary ease in his face, "That's not what you're supposed to say. You're supposed to be able to see something I'm not and tell me what I can do!"