5

Howdy! Gonna try out a new pov to see how I like it! Let me know what you think!

The warmth of the sun hits your exposed shoulders. You're eyes look around the beautiful country that is your new home. Mountains with snowy peaks, fields of flowers surrounded by forest, the sounds of the ocean crashing on to the white sandy shores. But the best view is Bakugou in front of you.

The sun illuminates his form on his horse. You can see his blonde hair glowing from its powerful rays. Lightly you kick the side of your horse to catch up to him so you can be by his side.

"So where are you taking me?," you question.

He just tilts his head to you before looking back at the old trail.

"Quit asking questions."

The open plains soon turn to evergreen Forrest. Light catches through the leaves as the smell of oak and mahogany flood your senses. The leaves crunch beneath the horses feet.

It was only when you reached a clearing did you realize he was taking you to a small field of lavender surrounded by the woods. He guides his horse as well as yours to the small tree in the middle of the field to tie them to.

You swing your leg off the back of the horse but freeze when you feel his large hands on your waist assisting in your dismount. He gently sets you on the ground.

"Thank you so much," you say feeling your cheeks heat up.

"For what?," he laughs out. His arrogance peaking behind his smile. He wants to hear you say it.

"The horse, taking me here... everything I guess."

"Don't worry about it, I come here often anyways."

"How did you find this place?," you ask, running your hands along the flowers.

"Honestly got pissed at the old hag and ran away as a child and found it."

"I'm sure you made her very worried."

"Huh? Not gonna ask about me?," he chides.

"I can't imagine the feeling of losing a son, especially as a child."

"You talk as if you get it."

"Not really, I mean believe me I wanted to run away on several occasions but when my brother left to fight in the war, mother was heartbroken for days."

"Did he...?"

"No! He's still at home and still the favorite," you smile.

"I don't have any siblings."

"Must be nice, lifes always been a competition between us."

"Even if I did, it wouldn't be much of competition. I know I'm superior in every way," he boasted.

You tilt your head up at him as you sit down on the grass, "that's arrogant of you."

"Arrogant? Isn't every king supposed to be?"

"There's nothing wrong with being humble and let's not forget to mention you're not king yet."

"Yeah the damn hag won't let me until I marry. 'No king can rule without a queen'," he quotes.

"She sounds very intelligent."

"Whatever. That's why you're here so I can take my place as king. And when I do, you're free to do whatever you like. You can leave for all I care."

You feel your stomach drop. Leave? I mean sure this is a forced marriage but you were at least hoping the two of you would fall in love later on. Was that so naive of you to believe?