3

"And this princess is your room," Ezekiel opens the grand double doors to reveal a large room with a sitting area and bookshelves filled with every book y/n could imagine. There was a large bed with a sunset orange duvet and pillows filled with the finest of feathers. "If you look to your left you will see your en suite wardrobe and washroom. The queen made sure to provide you with a few garments."

Y/n walked into the large closet to be filled with dresses and gowns. "A few you say," y/n reply's.

"She wanted to make your stay was as comfortable as possible. She even hung them herself."

"Mitski seems like a kind woman," she says to the tall man.

"She is kind in deed, but she seems to have the temper her son inherited, the king is a lot more level headed than the two."

"I see. Do... you know if there's a specific reason the prince refused to meet me?"

"The young prince is very defiant as I previously told you. The size of that mans ego is bigger than you'd expect. So in my opinion he's probably just against the idea of having a partner he has to make decisions with."

"So he's not much of a team player."

"You could say that. Now Iris will be arriving shortly to introduce herself. She will be your new handmaid. If there is anything you need, she'll provide. Now if there's nothing else, I will escort myself out."

"Wait Ezekiel!," y/n extends her arm to grab on to the tall mans jacket.

"Do... you think he'll warm up to me?," she asks innocently.

"My with a personality like yours and a smile that can light up a room, I think he'll get over it. Now rest princess. I will come back at 6 to escort you to dinner. Hopefully Prince Katsuki will Grace us with his presence." Ezekiel leaves the princess alone in her room with her thoughts.

The room really is lovely, she thought to herself. At least she was marrying into a family with taste.

It wasn't long when she heard a quiet knock and a faint voice of a woman's voice behind the door.

"Princess y/n? I'm the handmaid sent to your service!" The voice was a lot younger than y/n's previously handmaid, Agatha.

"You can come in!," she shouts in the direction of the door.

The door slowly cracks open and a petite woman with brown hair entered the room. She has her hair in two short braids and had bright green eyes behind a large pair of glasses.

"I-I'm Iris! If there's anything you need, please just ring!," she motions to the rope leading to what she seems is a bell. "Would you like to change for dinner?"

Now that y/n was thinking about it, her dress did feel too dirty to keep wearing, so a new change of clothes wouldn't be a bad idea.

"I suppose that's alright."

"Have you seen anything that catches your eye? The queen made sure to have the latest fashion trends bought for you!"

Y/n's hands touch the flowing fabrics hanging in the wardrobe. Each a unique color, shape, and design. She stops when she finds a royal blue gown hanging in the corner.

"What about this one?," she motions to the handmaid.

"Let me pull it down for you!" The small girl struggles to pull the large dress due to her size, but let's out a sigh of accomplishment once she pulls it off it hanger.

The dress was much more extravagant than y/n was expecting. It was a large ball gown with delicate embroidery on the bodice.