Merlin actually knows how to throw knives

After the small reunion between the secret prince of Deria and the first knight of Deria with the loyal knights of Deria, everyone heads to the training ground. Gwaine still in surprise that his friend is a secret prince and the fact that he is a powerful warlock, watches Merlin in awe.

On the way to the training grounds, Gwaine turns to Merlin and asks "Merlin mate, how come if you are a very good swordsman you act like you are terrible?"

Laughing at Gwaine's innocent question Merlin replies "It would have been suspicious if a servant could suddenly be better at sword fighting than the prince of the kingdom. And wouldn't that also blow my cover?"

"That's true but mate, we do have to duel once so that I can see how good you are," Gwaine says his eagerness shining through his voice

"Sure, how about before dinner, I'll show you where. I'm also going to invite Percy and Lance, if that's okay with you," Merlin says 

"Sure that's great. But I have a question. How come Percy knows who those Knights are? I understand you because you are their prince," Gwaine says 

"Percival is actually my first knight. He was the only one who was ever close to kicking my Arse whenever we duelled and when we were training against enchanted dummies he was the only one who would come close to finishing nearly at the same time," Merlin replies 

"How long does it take you against those dummies then?" Gwaine asks his curiosity never dying out 

"30 seconds on hard and 15 on medium," Merlin replies shrugging his shoulders 

"Are you a superhuman or something?" Gwaine asks stopping in his tracks 

Merlin shakes his head and says "come on we've arrived at the training grounds. I'll answer your questions later along with Lancelot's, I'm certain he has his questions." 

Gwaine nods and heads off to where the Camelot knights and the knights of deria and standing to side by side and join in. 

Arthur walks over to a grinning Merlin and asks "What's gotten you in a good mood all of a sudden? You looked like you were about to die today morning, not that you don't look like that now." 

"Jee thanks Arty. Gwaine just said something that put me in a good mood. Don't worry about it," Merlin says but quickly adds "I think Percival should help the knights of Deria with their training here at Camelot while you are training the newer knights."

"Since when have you known how those knights train?" Arthur asks obliviously what happened earlier in the throne room and how close Percival is with the knights of Deria

"When I was younger I used to go to Deria every couple of months and I became good friends with a few of those knights, so whenever I visited they always used to let me watch them train. I'm positive that Percy will be able to beat those knights, he's getting a lot better than he was before," Merlin says surprising himself at how smoothly he could lie.

"Alright then. Let's see how good those knights are," Arthur says calling the knights of Deria and his knights over.

Once near the king, Elijah says "Yes sire? You called for us."

"Merlin here says that you are the best knights of the 5 kingdoms. I want you guys to duel my knights and see if what my servant says is true," Arthur says

"Of course sire. It'd be an honour to fight your knights," James replies

"Percival do you want to go against the prince or shall I?" Arthur asks turning to the gentle Giant standing next to him.

"You go sire. I want to practice with the knives for a while before the training for the newer knights starts," Percival says walking over to where Merlin sat to leave his sword by his friend's side.

Once Percival was next to merlin he quietly asks "who do you think is going to win in the duel?"

"Our Knights for sure Percy. I'm sure they won't let me down. I hope my training with them pays off " Merlin replies his smile getting brighter

Percival nods and goes to the knives and starts to practice with them while Merlin watches the duels taking place. The knights of Camelot and the king are on the floor in minutes, surprising everyone who was watching.

Without turning back Percival asks Merlin "did the Knights of Deria win merls?"

"Yup!" Merlin replies his grin only getting wider

Arthur gets up along with his knights and he immediately asks the prince in front of him "You guys are exceptional with swords. Who trained you?"

"My brother sire. Not only did he teach me and the knights behind me today but also our younger sister who has grown to be an amazing swordswoman," Prince Noah replies but soon adds on "He is the best swordsman in the 5 kingdoms and the most powerful Warlock to walk the earth."

"He must be extremely experienced to have taught you this well," Lancelot says eager to find out about this prince even though he already has a building suspicion

Noah nods and replies with pride evident not only in his eyes and face but also in his voice "He is. We have a rule in Deria that the sword forged in the dragon's breath is to be passed down from the king to his son when crowned crown prince and he proves himself worthy of the Sword. My twin brother proved himself well before he was to be crowned crown prince and earned himself the sword at the age of ten."

"What age did your brother get crowned prince?" Gwaine asks

"At 14 sire. This happened 10 years ago," Noah replies

Arthur just nods and says "come we shall train with the knives."

Everyone including merlin walks over to where Percival was training with the Knives.

"Mordred, why don't you swap with Percy. Last time we did this you still needed practice," Lancelot says looking at the young knight next to him

Mordred walks over to where Percival stands and grabs some knives and throws just like he's taught, but he doesn't get any bullseyes.

"Come on Red, merlin can do better," Arthur says trying to encourage the young knight in front of him

Without thinking about it Sir William says rightfully earning himself some glares "of course he can."

"You heard the Man, Merlin. Come on," Arthur says smirking

Merlin reluctantly gets up and grabs the knives. The first things noticed are the balance of it and how they are different to the ones he is used to. Throwing the first one, Merlin misses by a great deal surprising his knights and making the Camelot Knights burst out laughing. What happens next surprises the Camelotian Knights and makes the Knights of Deria proud. Merlin throws the other two knives in his hand without thinking but in a very lazy way in a way that merlin could and both knives impale the middle of the target leaving the king and his knights speechless while Percival and Merlin's knights cheer him on.

"Since when did you learn how to do that?" Arthur asks astonished by his servant's accuracy, grace and correctness in his stance

"I pay attention when you guys train and Knives are easy," merlin replies shrugging his shoulders

"What else do you find easy?" Arthur asks

"You," merlin replies holding back a smile that was tugging at his lips 

Soon as he does that Arthur brings up to hit Merlin on the backside of his head. But much to the king's dismay, his servant doges the incoming slap and runs away but not before sticking his tongue out at Arthur. All the knights laugh at the child banter of the king and the servant.