Merlins coronation

Merlin was dreading the day he was going to be crowned king. He believed he was not the correct suit for the role. As much as everyone was trying to convince him, Merlin refused to change his views on him becoming king. 

Arthur requested Hunith to call a meeting to address the people of Deria and prove that Merlin was a fit for the role of King. 

Once everyone came Arthur went out to the front and said "Hello everyone. I'm Arthur, king of Camelot. I had come here at the request of your knights and 2 princes to help. While I was here I saw something that I thought was interesting. Merlin treated everyone like his equal. That's not something that you see every day in Camelot. Merlin here thinks that he is not fit to become king of this kingdom because he's been away for more than a decade. I wanted to have this meeting to tell everyone of the things he has done for my family, knights, me and Camelot as a whole to prove to him that he is worthy. And surely you have stories of your own to prove that he is. Before I start I want people to tell me things about why they think Merlin is correct for the position of King of Deria."

"He's caring," Someone shouts out causing a ripple of an agreement to breakout 

"He tries to remember everyone!" another voice says 

"He became the wielder of Excalibur at the age of 14," another voice shouts out 

"He treats everyone like his equal!"

"He is a good warrior!"

"He's a good friend!" the knights say 

"He's the best brother!" Noah and Amelia reply 

"He's a good son!" Hunith says 

"Well these are your experiences with him as a prince," Arthur says smiling "I got to know him as a Servant. While my father ruled and gave me guidance, I always believed that servants were below me and that they were to serve me until the end. Merlin came along and changed my perspective. From the day he came he treated me as any other person, he treated me as his equal. For all, I knew he was a servant. Soon enough he became my servant. Let me tell you the first few days I despised the fact that he was my servant and wanted a different one. However, as time went on both of our perspectives changed, and we grew to become friends, best friends in fact. There was not one day that Merlin did anything below my expectations of him. He was by my side through thick and thin. He rode out into battle with me without armour and a weapon and he came out alive and well but so did I and my other knights. Sir Leon can confirm the many stories that we have with the stories since he was the one knight that was there since day 1 with Merlin aside from me. Because of him many of the rules in Camelot changed for the better, one being the rule of becoming a knight. Up till the day that Camelot was taken over by an immortal army we only let those of noble blood become knights but many of the knights are now commoners as well, including those of the round table. A recent story where I was angry at him when I found out that he was a prince and the fact that he didn't tell me. When I asked him for an explanation he told me something that I will always remember and cherish for the rest of my life. Merlin is Emrys a warlock who is told to be immortal. There are currently only two things in the world that can kill him. Excalibur, his sword, and mine the second sword forged in a dragon's breath. When I asked why he entrusted me with this sword he replied 'because if I were to die there is no one else that I would rather do the deed', this showed me that the trust he has in me is unparalleled. There are many stories that I could tell you from the time I spent with him there are countless of them. But from the ones that I told you and the experiences that you have with your crown prince, tell me if you think this man is worthy of becoming the king of this kingdom. I for one think there is no one more worthy than him to sit on the throne."

"Arthur-" Merlin begins 

"Merlin no. Let them answer," Arthur replies 

"We think he is worth it!" a shout comes out from the crowd

And a chant begins saying that over and over again. 

~time skip to coronation~ 

There are so many things running through Merlin's brain. The same as the ones like the day were running through his brain on the day he was crowned crown prince of Deria. As he was pacing around his room after getting ready in his ceremonial clothing Elijah and Arthur walked into the room. 

"Merlin?" Elijah asks quietly getting the attention of the anxious prince. 

"Yes, Eli?" Merlin says still pacing and not calming down

"you're worse than the day you became crown prince," Elijah says chuckling 

"And you are just as annoying I see," Merlin fires back immediately slowing down his pacing 

Smiling at the two's banter Arthur says "Okay boys, that's enough. Merlin, do you remember what you said to me the day that I was crowned king?"

"That you will be a good king, that you care for the kingdom more than your father ever did. That whatever you do you will go down in history as one of the greatest kings of all time," Merlin replies and stops to look at Arthur 

"And from what I have heard and from knowing you for the past decade is that you will be a better king than any king ever before you. You will make your father proud because you know the people better than anyone before yourself. So when you walk into the throne room today I want you to know that you are more than capable," Arthur says leading his friend out of the room toward the throne room. 

Merlin just stays quiet and thinks about the events that have happened over the past couple of days and he finally responds "Thank you Arty."

"Always. Anyway, you'll know when you have to walk in. Elijah and I will see you in the hall with everyone else okay?" Arthur says leaving Merlin outside the throne room. 

And within a few minutes of his two companions left him, Merlin is walking into the throne room. As he looks around the room he sees faces that believe in him. And then onward Merlin each step that he took his confidence and his strength increased as he walked toward what will be the next chapter of his life. 

As soon as he kneels down the priest beings "do you solemnly swear to govern the people of this kingdom and its citizens by doing justice and good following the customs and laws laid down by your ancestors?" 

"I do," the young prince says with certainty that brings pride to the people

"Do you promise to exercise Mercy and judgment in all your Deeds and actions?"

"I do"

"Do you pledge your life and every limb into the service of Deria for now till your last breath?"

With unwavering faith in those around him and with strength, authority and power Merlin replied to the priest "I, Merlin Ambrosius pledge my life and every lib of my being to the service and protection of this kingdom and all its citizens without a second thought."

"I Announce to you king Merlin Emrys Ambroiusis of Deria," The priest says 

As soon as Merlin stands and turns around with the crown on his head the chant of "Long live the King" Starts with his friends and family chanting it the loudest

Merlin: the secret princeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें