Scars

I forced the door open and I couldn't believe what my eyes saw.
Earlier that day, I told my husband I was ready to bare him a child and he had what I like to call "mixed emotions". This wasn't how I pictured his mood in my mind before I approached him. I made this decision because the previous night, I sat my self down and thought of my life. I knew I was probably never going to leave his house as long as he was still alive. No not really, this was just part of my plan. My husband left the room in anger. I wondered why. He went to his room and shut the door. I didn't go after him. Later that day, I went to his door and forced it open because I wanted to know why he put up that act earlier on. I couldn't believe what my eyes saw.
He was undressed and...
Let me just say, he wasn't a full man.
My husband dragged me in. I was speechless and stiff. "You want to know why I left like that?" He asked with a loud voice and anger. Tears fell from my eyes because he kept shouting and I wished time was reversible. I really regretted seeing what I saw. It left a scar in my head. He pushed me aside and walked back and forth. He asked me to say something that I was getting on his nerves. I didn't know what to say but I knew I had to say something or else the day wouldn't have ended well for me. "How?" I said in tears.
After hours of talking in the room, he pushed me out and I went to my room and started packing my back. He came into my room, he was dressed. He beat me up mercilessly. He told me that if I spoke of what I saw to anyone he was going to kill me. He said I was going to remain locked up in the house for as long as he wanted!
I cried out my heart to him. I swore I wasn't going to say a word about it. He asked me to leave for my room. I did as he said without complaining.

I knew my plan had failed. I was mad. I felt like the world had come to an end. Louis, what was I going to do about him. I wasn't going to see him again since I was going to be locked up till I die! How was I going to communicate with my brother. I really didn't care about my mother because she would only worsen matters. But the unborn child, I was beginning to have hope in it.
I had to come up with another plan but the thought of it failing again discouraged me.

My husband sent Maria to fetch me. "He calls for you" she said in hate and despair. I quickly left my room for he's because I saw this as an opportunity to talk to him and plead with him.
When I got to the doorstep, I knocked because I didn't want history to repeat itself.

"Enter!"

I opened the door slowly with my head in first, then the rest of my body following. I shut the door behind me.
"Have a seat" he said. I obeyed immediately.

"I'm not punishing you if that's what you think, I'm only keeping my secret safe. I don't trust you enough to have you wondering about with something as such in that sick head of yours. Anyways, I have decided to allow you visit your mother once every week. Pick a day"

"Um, sunday? My brother?"

"Don't push it or I'll change my mind. Sunday is fine by me. You have only 3 hours to spend there. Pick the time"

I had to consider Louis. He only comes around Monday through Friday. I had to change the day.
"Tuesday! Tuesday is fine by me. 4pm to 7pm"

"Alright then Tuesday it is. Now get back to your room, you disgust me!"

"Maria! Maria!!"

"Yes my love"

"Get this woman out of my sight and make sure the door to her room is properly locked"

Maria dragged me to my room. I couldn't react for I was week, I hadn't eaten in hours.

I had to get something to wear, for the next day was Tuesday.
I wanted to look stunning just to impress Louis for it was our last day together. I pulled out a sun dress and black sandals from my wardrobe. I brought out my best Jewelries. All in preparation for the next day. After that, I prayed and went to bed sober.