52

"Where are we going?" Jisung asked as the girl dragged him out of his house.

"Somewhere to hangout."

"We are at my house."

"Somewhere outside. Don't worry, I brought food."

"So...a picnic?" Jisung laughed.

Imina lightly smacked him, glaring at the road before sighing. "My brain's not working today."

"It's okay. I'm sure many people are willing to remind you of words."

"Don't make me regret offering to feed you."

Jisung put his hands up in surrender, grinning. "Okay! Okay! I'm sorry." Then he added. "You're cute. And pretty. And I love you."

"Good job, I love you too."

Right as Imina said it, she could feel her heart beating faster and the nerves taking over.

Am I really going to do this?

She was beginning to regret her decision to tell Jisung and she knew she could just not say anything but she'd already said she was gonna do it and she wanted the relief as much as she wanted the safety of not saying anything.

"Are you okay?"

Imina glanced at Jisung at nodded, pretending not to notice the concern and confusion on his face.

Jisung stared at Imina, wondering what was up with the girl. She'd seemed fine when she came to his house and got in the car but now she's suddenly on edge.

Is it me?

The car ride was silent, them still not speaking when they arrived at the park. Imina forced a smile on her face as she got out the picnic basket and a blanket.

Possibilities of what was wrong plagued Jisung mind, tormenting him with the thought that something bad was going to happen. His arms have a little shake as he followed the girl to a shady spot under a tree.

When Imina gave him a weird look, he realized he'd just been staring at her. He moves to help her finish the small set up and then takes a seat on the blanket.

Imina plopped down next to him, space still between them that she closed by moving over so their shoulders brushed against each other. She figured that it'd be easier to confess if she attempted to make it obvious first.

It came out in the form of shy compliments, slightly more affection than usual, feeding Jisung, and flirting attempts.

Jisung had no idea what had possessed the girl to act this way but he didn't mind. Except for the fact that everything she did made him extremely nervous and with their close proximity, she'd easily be able to find out how fast his heart is beating or hear his breath hitch.

He'd survived an hour of the lovely torture when Imina decided to stand up and lean against the tree.

Jisung stayed on the blanket, piecing off his brownie until Imina started talking, prompting him to stand up so he could could stop craning his neck to look at her. He choked on his laughter when he wondered if that was the pain Imina always went through looking at him.

Imina didn't know why he was laughing but it was obvious it had to do with her so she smacked him, rolling her eyes as it only made the boy laugh harder.

After their conversation was over and silence overtook them, Jisung noticed that Imina seemed on edge again, now with something like sadness.

"Is everything okay?"

Imina sighed, it now or never. She kept her eyes on the grass, barely raising her voice as she muttered, "It's too much, Jisung. It's too much."

"What is?" He asked, worry seeping into him.