27

"Why do you seem so surprised when I hangout with you?"

"I just thought you'd be with the others."

"That doesn't mean I'm gonna forget about you."

It's silent for a few seconds before she responds. "I know."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded, Jisung not quite believing her but not saying anything.

He sat down next to her, his knee brushing against hers. He leaned into her to look at her book.

"What are you reading?"

"Are you interested?"

"I asked, didn't I?"

"Are you just being polite?"

Jisung looked at her. "No."

"It's a fantasy book and it took me half way into reading it to understand what's going on."

"Is it that confusing?"

Imina turned to him. "You should pick a book some time."

"Okay", Jisung said, gently taking the book out of her hands. He placed it on his lap and began mumbling the words to himself.

Imina made herself comfortable, resting her head on his shoulder.

Jisung tried to ignore the feeling and focus on the book.

"Read it out loud."

"Okay."

At the end of lunch, Jisung quickly stood up and offered his hand to Imina who took it, amused.

"This feels familiar."

Jisung chuckled. "Yeah."

As she was about to let go, she hesitated. In all honesty, she liked holding hands, it was comfortable and a form of affection she liked.

Jisung noticed her hesitancy and pinched his eyebrows together in a mix of confusion and worry. "What's wrong?"

"Can I hold your hand?"

This wasn't the first time he'd been asked that question but this was the first time he didn't mind it. Though, he felt nervous, he nodded. "Yeah."

The girl easily slipped her hand back into his hold and intertwined their fingers. She began swinging their hands, casually as they walked down the hall.

The rose-gold-haired male had no idea what was happening or what to think. When nothing was happening, he could ignore his thoughts and feelings but now, with him feeling every inch of her hand in his, he couldn't ignore his heart beating faster, the nerves in his stomach, or the way his hands got clammy.

Entering the main hall, he spotted Angie talking with her group of friends. He tried to tell himself it was nothing but not wanting her to see them and get the wrong idea, he hurriedly lead them away from her group.

A safe distance away, he stopped and looked down at the girl who was already looking at him.

"See you tomorrow?"

She nodded.

He engulfed her in a hug and Imina noticed how stiff and tense he felt but before she could question it, he'd already pulled away and headed in the direction of his classroom.

Since the adults in her family decided to run the bakery for the day, Imina found herself alone in her room, mindlessly drawing on a sketchpad.

Her phone vibrated next to her and she picked it up, having a guess at what the notification was from.