6

Jisung went to the bakery again, craving a chocolate-filled croissant and a hot chocolate. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed when he didn't see Imina at the counter.

"Hi. What can I get you?"

He told him his order and then stood off to the side to wait.

The boy behind the counter quickly got his food and drink and gave it to him. "Here you go. Hey, have I seen you before?"

"Um...I'm new?" Jisung said quietly.

"Oh! You're that guy. Okay. What grade are you in?"

"Eleventh."

"Ay, me too. Do you know-"

"Russell! Quit chatting and get back to work! Sorry valued customer, you can continue later!"

Jisung gave Russell a nod, smiling shyly and then left.

He started his walk to school, eating on the way.

When he saw people that went to his school, he quickened his pace and ducked his head so they wouldn't talk to him. Then, realizing his bright hair color, he put on his hood.

Once he was safely in the building, he took off his hood and ran a hand through his hair, shaking it.

"Someone had a rough morning", Jaemin grinned at he took in Jisung's messy hair.

The younger boy groaned. "I hate people."

"Ah, me too."

"A few of us are an exception though, right?"

"Oh course, Renjunnie", Jaemin said cutely, trapping the older boy in a tight hug.

Renjun looked up and tried to smile and wave. "Hi Jisung."

Jisung nodded at him in acknowledgement.

Just then, Haechan came up to them. "Oh there you two are-hi Jisung."

The younger boy waved.

"We've been waiting for you. Let's go."

The two seemed to remember their plans for the morning as realization crossed their faces.

"Okay, coming!"

The three became frantic and hurriedly grabbed each other's hands while trying to say a goodbye to Jisung.

"Bye Jisung!"

"Bye."

"Bye Jisungie!"

He was surprised at the nickname Haechan gave him. He would've expected it from Jaemin if he were to be given a nickname at all.

After he watched his friends disappear, he made his way to his homeroom class.

The school day went by in a blur as it just felt like Jisung moved from class to class, not retaining any information after leaving.

Once the last bell rang, signaling the end of school, the hallways swarmed with students. Some jostling each other in a hurry to get out of the building to get to the bus or just because they were impatient.

As Jisung was trying to navigate through the crowd, someone shoved him causing him to bump into someone.

"Hey!"

He turned to look at Imina who looked angry but then realizing who he was, relaxed. "Oh, hi Jisung."

"Hi."

"Sorry if I may have looked ready to punch you. I just get shoved a lot walking through the halls and it pisses me off.

Jisung nodded. "I understand."