26

The chime of the door snapped Imina's attention to the front where her lips formed into a natural smile at who had entered.

"Hi, Mrs. Park."

"It's Mrs. Park now?"

"I'll say both. Can I assume you came to try one of our delicious desserts?"

"Yes. Oh, Jisung's not coming, is he?"

The girl shook her head. "He's hanging out with the boys and I always get a text from one of them if they're coming."

"Oh, good. Uh, don't tell Jisung I came here."

"Your secret's safe with me. What can I get you?"

"What do you recommend?"

"Are you a chocolate lover too?"

"From time to time."

"I suggest a brownie."

"Oh, those look delicious. I'll have a sugar cookie too."

"Want a drink?"

"Oh, sure. A large hot chocolate, please."

"Any whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or sprinkles on that?"

"Whipped cream, please."

"Alrighty."

Imina told her the total and suggested for her to sit at a nearby table while she made her hot chocolate.

"Thank you. By the way, the brownie is delicious!"

"I'm glad you think so. Also, I have a question-"

Right as she said that, the bell chimed again, signaling more customers. Seeing that there was a group which would occupy her, she sent a small smile to Becca and placed her phone down on the table.

"If you don't mind, may I have your number? I think it's easier than you waiting."

"Oh, sure."

Imina moved back behind the counter and smiled at the man. "Hi, do you know what you'd like?"

As she was on her third order, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Becca place her phone on the counter and mouth 'bye' with a little wave.

She waved back and continued what she was doing.

"I didn't know you were hanging out at our house", Becca said as she entered the living room.

Jisung smiled. "Yeah, uh, hi Mom."

"Hi, child." She continued towards the stairs. "Hi Jaemin, Jeno, Renjun, Haechan, and Chenle!" She called as she went upstairs.

"Hi!" They boys yelled back.

A few minutes later, Becca came back down and went into the kitchen.

"Did you boys eat?"

"Yeah!"

"We saved some for you, it's in the oven", Jaemin told her.

She went back into the living room, holding her plate. "This is delicious! Jisung can't cook so who made it?"

The boy groaned. "Mom!"

"Am I wrong?"

"No", Jaemin answered. "I tried to teach them but I ended up banning Jisung and Mark from the kitchen."

"I was just trying to help you", Mark said.

Jaemin smiled and patted his head. "I know."

"Have you guys been playing video games the whole time?"