Chapter 4: The invitation

Papa and (Y/n) walked back to the church chatting back and forth peaceful until Papa remembered something.

"(Y/n), oh how foolish of me I almost forgot, this Saturday there will be a ceremony I want you to come."

"I thought ceremonies were for members of the church though." (Y/n) said a bit surprised Papa had asked her to such an important event.

"Yes but all are welcome and you're always at the church, you might enjoy our fun." Papa had a point, she was always at the church. (Y/n) thought on it for a minute.

"Okay I'll go. What time?"

"It begins at sundown."

(Y/n) nodded and smiled to herself. It was such a nice change. To have found this place that started to feel like home. It has been such a long time since she felt like that. Three, going on four years and these past few weeks have been the best thing to happen to her. It's to say the least a nice welcoming back to the world or at least a small part of it.

* small time skip *

7 pm Saturday night.

(Y/n) was getting ready for the ceremony but was having a hard time deciding what to wear.

'I could do something formal it is a church but it's not a regular church so maybe that's not important.'

She had a whole array of outfits layed out on the hotel bed ranging from simple and casual to super formal. She finally went with a black tank top,  a lightweight tan jacket, black leggings and some sneakers. After showering and throwing on her clothes, she fixed her hair in the mirror when Socks jumped on the counter rubbing his head against her.

"Really? You're cute but I'm not trying to walk around with your hair all over me." (Y/n) scratched Socks head making him purr loudly which made her smile.

The walk to the church, the town seemed busier than usually. More lively but by morning it would turn into a ghost town once again. Arriving at the church it was already filled with people and concessions. It was overwhelming to be in a room with so many people but exciting at the same time.

As the sun shown its last ray of light the room became even more crowded and the lights of the stage came on. Papa and ghouls came out one by one and the room grew louder and louder. (Y/n) couldn't hear anything but the roar of people and the faint sound of Papa talk to the crowd. Then the first song came on. The people moved like crazy not caring that they bumped into others.

(Y/n) just tried to ignore the close proximity and enjoyed the music. It was amazing to see Papa and ghouls perform. Papa was quite passionate on stage to say the least.

*another small time skip cause I'm lazy *

The night was coming to an end and as the last song played, (y/n) felt someone behind her a bit too close. She tried to move forward but the person moved with her and griping their hand about her wrist. She began to panic internally as she looked around for an escape. She turn her head to see who was behind her and saw a man not very tall but bulky and most definitely stronger than her. (Y/n) swung her head back around and began to feel dizzy with stress.

She managed to free her wrist from the firm grip and moved quickly, squezzing her way through the crowd toward a door and the man followed her. She began moving faster practically running to the door not daring to look behind her. (Y/n) pulled the door open and slide through before running down the hall as fast as she could. She could hear the thud of feet behind her but she just keeps moving trying to lose him.

(Y/n) made sharp turns trying to lose the man and as she did the thuds grew distant til they couldn'tbe heard. But she didn't stop until she felt she was at a safe distance. Once she stopped she hunched over to catch her breath. Tears has began to stream down her face as the thought of that man and what he would do to her swirled around her head.

(Y/n) pressed her back to the wall and slide down into a ball on the floor as she sobbed quietly. Her skin crawled and became itchy at the thought of that man touching her. She stayed there for what felt like hours trying to calm herself.

"Are you okay?" A voice sounded.

And (Y/n) screamed.

-----------
Duhn, duhn, duhnnn!!!
Oh I love cliff hangers don't you?
Who do you think it was? The man or someone else? Let me know. I hope you enjoyed, please tell me what you think. I'm gonna try to put out another chapter by the end of the month so I don't keep you waiting long but we'll see. As always I'll see you later strangers!

-Jo