Chapter 3: Lunch Date

*one week later*

(Y/n) walked into the mostly empty church, the few exceptions being some staff whom were cleaning. You searched for Papa as they had planned to have lunch together a few days prior. (Y/n) wandered aimlessly through the halls.

The grand halls of the church were mesmerizing, you could get lost in all their details. And that's what (y/n) was doing and you seemed to do quite often. Getting lost in your head, with all the short-lived thoughts that you would forget not but three minutes or so after they were born into your mind.

"(y/n)! Hello my dear." Papa exclaimed walking toward (y/n) who had stopped and turned to look at Papa.

"It's nice to see you too Papa. How are you on this glorious day?" (y/n) asked in a joking manner.

"Just fine my dear. Never better, and you?" Papa replied with just as much exaggeration as (y/n).

"Absolutely splendid." (y/n) said in an awkwardly high-pitched voice, closing your eyes and pointing your chin up.

Silence impregnated the hall before the two filled it with chakling. The laughter soon died down and the two composed themselves.

" I must say papa you do look wonderful as always." (Y/n) complimented with a smile.

"Oh dear thank you. You are looking quite sinful yourself today." Papa took your hand and spun you around.

A light laugh fell from your lips. You did truly enjoy have Papa as a friend and were so very glad that you found this strange little place that seemed to give you purpose.

"Shall we be off then?" Papa asked.

"Indeed we shall!" You locked your arm with Papa and left to the diner for lunch.

* smol time skip brought to you by Papa's untimely sexual noises *

Papa and you were having a nice time updating each other on what they had done over the past few days. Then Papa's expression became very serious which left (Y/n) a bit confused.

"So (Y/n), a little birdy told me you've meet the ghouls."

"The ghouls?" (Y/n) replied puzzled.

"Yes. Apparently your cat led you to them." Papa elaborated.

"Ohh, yes I did. Socks wanted to be a brat that day." (Y/n) said, laughing a bit.

"(Y/n) I just want you to be careful around them." Papa leaned on the table as he said this.

"Why?" You asked curiously.

"(Y/n) my dear they may have seemed nice but they are very dangerous. It was very foolish of you to go in there, something could have happened to you." Papa said stern.

"But Papa I don't get it, why are they dangerous?" (Y/n) asked still trying to process the information.

"Well they are exactly what we call them. Ghouls. They are very dangerous creatures naturally no matter how nice or kind they seem on the outside. It's in their nature to kill. That's why we keep them seperate from the rest of the church, in the basement. Though our ghouls are very well behaved for the most part, accidents have happened. And I don't what anything like that to happen to you."
Papa cupped your hand in his.

"Just tell me next time you want to go down there." Papa continued.

"Okay, I'm sorry Papa." You looked down at your lap embarrassed.

"I know dear, but don't be you didn't know." Papa squeezed your hand to cheer you up. You squeezed back, hiding a small smile on your face.

You both did a back and forth game of squeezing each others hand until it turned into a full blown arm wrestling match and let's just say Papa had to pay for lunch.

----------------
----------------------
This was short but full of some crackhead energy from (Y/n) and Papa so I hope that makes up for it. Also I realized I either use you or her which is really contradictory. Maybe I'll change it maybe I won't, but for now we're just gonna roll with it.

Thank you all for reading I love you and appreciate all of your support. I can't believe there's over 200 reads that's crazy! Please let me know if you liked this or if you didn't and as always I'll see you later strangers.

-Jo