twelve

Ryujin's POV

Some of the women are stoic, others are overwhelmed by emotion and have to be helped into the boats. A man scribbles a note and hands it to a woman who is about to board.

"Please get this to my wife in DeMoines, Iowa."

I look at Yuna, Chaeryeong and Bangchan.

"You better check out the other side."

They nod and run off, searching for a way around the deck.

"I'm not going without you." Y/N says shivering.

"Get in the boat, Y/N." i told her

Jaehyun walks up just then.

"Yes. Get in the boat, Y/N." Jaehyun says

She is shocked to see him. She steps instinctively to me. Jaehyun looks at her, standing there shivering in her wet slip and stockings, a shocking display in 1912.

"My God, look at you. Here, put this on." He says taking off his coat. She numbly shrugs into it. He is doing it for modesty, not the cold.

"Quickly, ladies. Step into the boat. Hurry, please!"

I could see there wasn't enough room for all of us so I let Y/N go.

"Go on. I'll get the next one."

"No. Not without you!"

She doesn't even care that Jaehyun is standing right there.

"There are boats on the other side that are allowing steerage and men in. Ryujin and I can get off safely. Both of us."

"I'll be alright. Hurry up so we can get going...we got our own boat to catch." I smile reassuringly to Y/N. I know Jaehyun is lying, but I don't want it to show.

"Get in the boat Y/N. Hurry up."

The steward Mr. Lightoller grabs her arm and pulls her toward the boat. She reaches out for me and her fingers brush mine for a moment. Then she finds herself stepping down into the boat. It's all a rush and blur.

"Lower away!"

I watch the rail as the boat begins to descend.

"You're a good liar." Jaehyun whispers over to me.

"Almost as good as you....there is no boat is there?"

"Oh there is. Not that you'd benefit much from it. I always win Ryujin. One way or another. Pity I didn't keep that drawing. It's going to be worth a lot more by morning."

I know I'm screwed. I look down at Y/N, not wanting to waste a second of my last view of her. The boat lowers and my view of Y/N becomes less and less. All sound seeming to go away. Y/N's hair blows in slow motion as she gazes up at me, descending away. My hands are trembling with tears at the corner of my eyes. All I feel is this unbearable pain.

Y/N is still staring up, tears pouring down her face. Suddenly I see her begin to move. She lunges across the women next to her. Then hurls herself out of the boat to the rail of the A-Deck promenade, catching it, and scrambling over the rail. The boat continues down. But Y/N is back on Titanic.

"No Y/N! NOOOO!!"

I run for the nearest way down to A-Deck. Jaehyun saw her jump too. She's willing to die for me...me!We meet at the bottom of the stairs, and collide in an embrace.