Chapter 17

Khushi was sitting on the bed in hers and Arnav's room lost in thought.

She knew Arnav was the one who kidnapped Rudra and beat him up and the bandage on his hand when she saw him with Anaisha was all the proof she needed but how is Anjali being blamed for it and from Anjali's expression, Khushi deduced Anjali knows Rudra on a personal level but how.

She heard the bathroom door click open and out came the only person who can answer her questions and unlike yesterday when he avoided her by using Anaisha, she won't let him succeed.

Arnav felt a gaze on him and looked up to find Khushi with a stern look on her face and her arms crossed and he knew why but he was hesitant.

Mami didn't want anyone aside from them knowing so he immediately formulated a half-truth of a story to tell her and was praying she will believe him.

He moved over to his recliner and pulled it towards Khushi, positioned it right in front of her and sat down facing her.

"Explain yourself MR Raizada? " Khushi demanded sternly and Arnav sighed.

"I am behind Anjali's arrest...... She is not as innocent as she looks....... I found out she has been giving Rudra money to keep you away from me. " Khushi looked stunned hearing his words. "She knows I love you and if we were together, she will no longer be my priority...... So she paid Rudra to keep you away from me and me having her arrested is just the beginning of her punishment. " Arnav said with a clenched jaw and Khushi held his hand and rubbed it to calm him down.

"You had blackmailed Rudra to implicate Anjali but what if they investigate and find out it was you. " Khushi said in a panicking tone. "They will take you away from us. "

Arnav pulled her up and made her sit on his lap and made her look straight into his eyes.

"I have made sure that won't happen, the Ranawats own a lot of debts and Rudra knows they can't pay for it without Anjali's money which she longer has so I made him a deal and he accepted and conversations and messages including transactions from Anjali's account to his is all the proof the police need...... Anjali may be let out on bail but this gives me the perfect opportunity to make her an outcast and make her pay for everything........ There is more to this that I can't tell you but believe me....... I, Aman and Mami will handle everything..... Just enjoy and let me, Aman and Mami handle everything. "

Khushi was stunned hearing Mami's name but she was happy knowing Arnav and them were ready to make her stress free even though she wanted to be part but knowing the man she loves, she knew it was a lost cause to insist so left it there.

Khushi nodded and both kept on staring at each other's lips and were slowly leaning in for a kiss when a loud banging on the door broke them apart.

They turned to the door and saw the silhouette of a small girl holding a teddy bear and smiled.

Khushi stood up and opened the door.

She was about to crouch and hug Anaisha but she sauntered away into her father's arms and kissed his cheeks which he happily reciprocated.

Khushi rolled her eyes jealously because she has been deprived of a kiss by Anaisha's abrupt interruption.

Arnav saw this and walked up to her and kissed her on the lips.