Chapter 8

Payal, Garima, Anjali, Shyam and Madhumati were nervous and was impatiently waiting for the doctor to come out of Shashi's room.

A doctor had shown up early in the morning on the instruction of Mami and the Guptas couldn't deny the doctor from seeing him because it would raise suspicions which they didn't want and Mami could use this as Payal refusing her help and make a big deal out of it.

Mami smirked seeing their nervous states but for Anjali, it was hidden because of her experience in manipulation so Mami was the only one who detected her nervousness.

Akash moved closer to Payal and rubbed her back.

"Dr Khan is a very renowned doctor and he will surely heal your father...... Stop worrying. " Akash whispered to Payal but it was enough for all of them to hear.

"Here you all thought my Manu didn't care about your family but it's the opposite and her managing to get Dr Khan to come and handle Shashiji's case proves she doesn't hate your family and I hope from now on, you and your family will stop accusing my wife. " Manohar said sternly and with a hint of anger in his voice directly looking at Payal who nodded.

Akash as long looked ashamed and looked at his mother but Mami glared at him and looked away making him hurt.

The clicking of shoes on the marble floors alerted all of them.

Dr Khan walked up to them with a smile on her face and they immediately knew she was hopeful of a full recovery for Shashi.

"Mr Gupta's case is not at serious as you had told me it was. " She said looking at Mami who pretended to frown.

"Hello hi bye bye..... What do you mean by that?...... If it's not that serious then why is he not okay up until now. " She questioned and Dr Khan smiled at her friend's acting.

"I think it's because of Khushi's absence...... If Khushi had been here then he would have been okay. " Shyam berated and everyone looked at him angrily and he gulped looking all nervous and mouth a sorry.

Dr Khan asked who Khushi was and Nani explained her relationship with Shashi and the reason she wasn't with them.

The Guptas felt humiliated seeing the disgusted look DR Khan threw at them.

"His slow recovery may have something to do with the lady's absence but unfortunately it's the least reason for his slow recovery...... It looks like his recovery is being stunted and I need more tests to be sure about it. "

Everyone except the culprits was shocked hearing this and they all looked at the Gupta women.

"I have you people been giving him better food and his medication on time because that is the only reason I can conclude his recovery is taking longer than it should. " Manohar accused.

"Papa please don't jump to conclusions." Akash berated his father taking everyone aback and Manohar looked hurt by this but covered it up Akash saw it and felt sorry but turned to Dr Khan. "Please what can we do to fix this? "

"I will have to get him admitted today and run some tests...... The hospital has good facilities and staff to take care of him and give them a well-needed rest..... They can visit him once or twice a week and I promise you with the right diagnosis and medicine with exercises, he will be up and walking in not more than two months. "

The news came as a shock to his culprits, a jackpot for Mami and those who knew and happiness for those who didn't.

"Please arrange for the ambulance to take him to the hospital and start the treatment immediately. " Akash exclaimed enthusiastically leaving Payal nervous but she covered it up and smiled at Akash who looked at her with a smile.