Chapter 15

Arnav was roaming the city looking for his best friend like a mad dog.

He knew Aman didn't run away because he didn't want Mami but because he was in shock and thought she was the one who had abandoned him.

Aman has always made his hatred for his parent known to him for abandoning him at the orphanage where he went through hell until he run away, did odd jobs to put himself through school until they met at Harvard and become friends.

He put the brakes on his car when he saw Aman's car parked by a street food vendor.

He got down and run to the car but it was empty.

Aman saw Arnav and veered around and threw his hoody on so that he won't spot him.

But Arnav was way too brisk and he run up to him and turned him around

He was angry at him but it all turned to sympathy when he saw his red eyes and pulled him into a hug.

Aman cried his heart out and Arnav let him. After all, if there is one thing he has learned since Khushi left, it was to always never be ashamed to cry because it relieves some of the pain.

"Why did she abandon me....... Was I not good enough?....... I know I was sick when they brought me to the orphanage but don't babies fall sick..... I want nothing to do with her. " Aman blurted in tears after he broke the hug.

"She didn't abandon you as you think. " Aman looked at him confused and Arnav told him the whole truth. "My mother and grandmother are responsible for all of this and I won't hold it against you if you hate me but don't hate mami for it..... She has proven how much she loves you all these years without knowing you were her real son..... I understand you were shocked but let's go home and talk this out calmly like adults........Don't make mistakes that I did....... We have enemies surrounding us we must not let them succeed in seeing us torn apart and broken...... I know it will take time but we have to start now. "

Aman sighed and nodded and they both sauntered and got into Arnav's car.

Arnav was about to start the car but stopped when he saw over fifty missed calls from both Khushi and Maithili and he immediately knew something was wrong.

He called Khushi and was alarmed to hear her words and Aman looked perplexed seeing Arnav looking at him.

He turned the car around and told Aman about Mami being in the hospital Aman was horrified and from the look on his face, Arnav knew he was blaming himself.

They arrived at the hospital and they both asked for the room and run-up to the elevator which took them to the floor Mami was admitted.

Arnav entered first but a guilty Aman stood by the door and watched his mother.