Chapter 4

Khushi sat down nervous and afraid that Mami was torturing Payal for hiding the truth about Shyam.

No matter how much Mami never pampered Anjali as Nani did, she still loves her and is capable of doing anything for her.

"We found out everything two days after you left. "

Flashback.

Mami with a sulking face got down from the car with the family except for Arnav who had left for London two days ago for a business trip.

No matter how she has dissuaded her son not to get married to Payal, he won't listen and to top it all off her husband and everyone was on Akash's side and dismissing her feeling that Payal was no different from Sonia but they didn't listen.

They all got down with the Prakash brothers behind them holding all the gifts they had brought to the family.

They all missed Khushi who had been absent for a week and they never bothered her knowing it was because of her father's illness but what they heard when they reached the Gupta house shocked them.

"You two a the evilest women I have ever met and Payal..... You watched the blackmail and force Khushi to marry Rudra whom she barely knows...... Khushi has always done anything to make you people happy but apart from Shashi, you all never saw her as a family...... First, you blamed her for Payal's broken marriage when she was only doing it to save the family from those leeches...... You taunted and maltreated her but she never complained and you got a perfect opportunity when you Madhumati forced her to be engaged to a man you barely knew all because he was nice only to be discovered he was already a married man and not even two weeks you had forced her to get married without any proper ritual and sent her away the same day...... You people will never be happy for what you did to Khushi...... If I had been around, I wouldn't have let others happen and so would Shashi...... God will punish the three of you. " Happy yelled at them and walked away leaving the family and a crying Shashi behind.

The Raizadas were shocked hearing this and never thought they could be this cruel and all of them started having second thoughts about Payal being their in law.

"Hello hi bye-bye. " Mami exclaimed and the Gupta turned to find the entire Raizada family standing behind them with a fuming Mami and disappointment wrote all over their faces. "You see the reason why I don't want this girl to be my daughter in law!..... She is capable of giving away her sister who worked and endure our ridiculous orders just to make them comfortable...... They shamelessly go her engaged to a married man... Chii."

Mami threw a disgusted look at them and Payal bowed her head in shame.

"I knew something was off about Khushi getting engaged and suspected she was forced and I was right but how could you do this to your niece Madhumati. " Buaji was numb with a shock that she couldn't speak. "And as if it wasn't enough, you forced her into marriage and sent her away...... Why didn't you let Payal get married instead?...... She is the eldest.  "

Garima and Buaji gulped in fear and shame knowing they have no justified reason for what they did and has been exposed.

"Mami, it's simple..... Better get rid of the orphan than our daughter...... Let's aim higher and better for our daughter because she will marry into a rich family and put financial problems will be over and if they don't do the same for Khushi then everyone will see their hypocrisy... So better get rid of Khushi first to avoid all suspicions right. " Mami said looking at them in disgust.