A Braid Full Of Worry

Dolores smiled to herself hearing the little lovebirds together like that. It warmed her heart to see someone so young, find love that's so pure. Though her heart went colder at the thought of what their abuela would do if she found out, or if her hermanito where to tell them officially. She had kept the secret of them, obviously. It didn't really help though, as the two of them whee painfully obvious. Not in the way that they where all over eachother little complements falling from their lips. No they where only like that when they where in his room, or in the small house that was built for (Y/n). What was so painfully obvious was the way they looked at eachother, like dolores had mentioned a month earlier, thay looked at eachother with pure love and adoration. With a look so full of love that not even their papá was able to pull of, not even mariano would be able to look at dolores in such a loving and pure way. It gave her slight hope that if, and when their abuela realized that they where indeed in love with eachother, that the way they looked at eachother would be enough to let her change her mind about same-sex couples. The hope was small, but it was still there. She was quit glad she had no chores for the day, as she really enjoyed listening to (Y/n)'s and camilo's antics, which where always toothrottingly sweet. Her train of thought was stopped has she heard her brothers voice breaking the comfortable silence between the boys.
"Hey mi mariposita?" (Y/n) let out a little hum, to let his novio know he was listening. "Can I braid your hair?" Camilo asked, no longer being able to hold himself back, as he had wanted to braid, and play with his boyfriends hair for who knows how long. It had always been long, about to the middle of his back as he neglected to cut it. To camilo it had the most beautiful shade of (hair color), having a majestic glow in the sunlight. "Sure you can love."
Dolores giggled a little, hearing that pet name for the first time, though camilo was red. Across his entire face spread a shade of red that would but Antonio's little scarf to shame. (Y/n) just chuckled and continued to comb through camilos brown hair. "Do you not like the nickname?" (Y/n) asked playfully, already knowing the answer. "No!" Camilo exclaimed a little too loud, making him clear his throat. "I mean, I um, I do like the nickname." Camilo said barely above a whisper, and burried his face into (Y/n) chest in an uncharacteristically shy manner. "Well, do you still wanna braid my hair, or do you wanna continued suffocating yourself in my chest?" Camilo looked back up at that. "I think you know the answer to that."
For a while after that, dolores could only hear footsteps, furniture and someone rummaging through anything that could have a hair tie in it. Then a while of silence, but after about twenty minutes, she heard them talk again.
"So, about telling your family." (Y/n) said, facing the wall while camilo was working on his hair, currently separating the hair into three different bundles. "(Y/n), amor you don't have to rush of your not ready." Camilo said in a comforting tone. "I know, and I'm not rushing myself don't worry. I just wanted to suggest that we could tell them over dinner." Camilo paused at that, contemplating his novios suggestion. "You know what? That's a really good idea." He said while braiding the bundles of hair he had separated earlier. "Can we tell them tonight? If it's not too fast for you." (Y/n) asked suprising camilo, and dolores. Making camilo exited, and dolores incredibly worried, she continued listening though, to make sure. "Of course we can! Are you sure it's not too fast for you though?" Camilo said. "I wouldn't have asked, if it would have been to quick love." (Y/n) responded, calming camilo, and making dolores run of to find her family members. If they where really planning on doing it tonight, she didn't even want to think of the possibility with how disgusted abuela sounded talking about gay people.